Thread: scope for savage mk II

dme111

scope for savage mk II

i just bought a savage mark II and im looking for a scope for it. dont want anything to expensive, id like to spend no more then 100. i just want it for target shooting and plinking maybe squirrel or rabbit hunting later on. i dont know anything about optics. so if anyone has any good suggestions that would be great.

thank you

dylan

DGD6MM

Re: scope for savage mk II

Check out the Barska 6.5-20 or 8-32 target dot, there cheap and work good and optics are better then fair. Natchez has them for 63.00-67.00. I shot 2 of them last month on some fella's rifles, at 25 yards I shot 9 of 10 aspirins with 10 shots and 3 of 4 playing cards in half with 4 shots . Not that that's great shooting but that was a first for me, using a Barska and shooting aspirins and cards.

Quickshot

I have a 3x9 BSA Huntsman on a Mark ll. Doesn't look out of place and was less than $100. Own a Barska or rather Barfka as far as I'm concerned. Piece of junk. I guess you can find bad scopes in any make, luck of the draw nowadays. Quick

No Quarter

dme111

thanks guys. i ended up going to bi mart of all places and picking up a Simmons 22 Mag Rimfire Rifle Scope 3-9x 32mm for 50 dollars. went out shooting with it today and it was very clear, liked it but i couldnt figure out how to re-sight it for a hundred yards. so then i just moved the target to 30 yards got it back on the paper and sighted back in. not very far but it was fun for my gf and i (first timers) anyways thank you for the suggestions

dylan