Thread: how much moa

how much moa

i got one of the egw 25moa bases sent for my next build. i will be puting a vortex viper pst that has 65 moa adjustment. once zeroed about how many moa adjustment should i have for distance?

Basic Member

Re: how much moa

A lot of it is going to be determined by the caliber of choice, barrel length, velocity, ect to answer your question.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

rusty815

well, if your vortex was perfectly zeroed exactly halfway in its adjustment range, you should have around 57 MOA of vertical adjustment (which means once zeroed at 100 yards, you have 57 MOA to adjust for longer shots). I would give or take a few moa and make your adjustment range something like 50-60 MOA, only way to truly find out how much adjustment you have is to mount the scope on the rail, zero it, then run it all the way through to see exactly how much you have.

Aircraftmech76

Actually, if he's perfectly centered and zero'd, he'd have 32.5 MOA left in his scope. The base doesn't give him extra adjustment in his scope, it just allows him to use less elevation to get zero'd.

Kevin

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aircraftmech76
    Actually, if he's perfectly centered and zero'd, he'd have 32.5 MOA left in his scope. The base doesn't give him extra adjustment in his scope, it just allows him to use less elevation to get zero'd.

Kevin
    I do believe that Rusty is talking about a zero and centered before the addition of the new base, he would have the 32.5 + 25= 57.5

His previous centered and zero would be -25 MOA from where zero and centered was before the addition.