Thread: 1st Gen 110

Basic Member

1st Gen 110

Where can I find a "tactical" stock for a heavy barreled 22-250 that is a First Gen 110??
    4.5" screw spacing - staggered feed

ellobo

Re: 1st Gen 110

Check Boyds website and see if thier short action stock will will take the magazine in your rifle. I think thier SA stock, stagger feed just might. You may have to open up the barrel channel for the heavy barrel. Finished laminates in 3 models for $97. You can have them checkered for an extra $50.

El Lobo

Basic Member

They only have the Classic" style for the "intermediate" action.

ellobo

I think the earliest "intermediate" stock had a 5.062 bolt spacing but the second iteration had the 4.52 bolt spacing in which case the other stock models may work. A measurement of the magazine position and bolt position may determine if they will work. A call to Boyds may help. I have spoken to them and they are very helpfull. Have your dimensions handy. The 2 stocks I got were the standard style "JRS" model. They didn't have the Prairie Hunter avaialble at that time.

El Lobo

Basic Member

The 5" spread is for a long action

Team Savage

The back end of the action is the same. It's the front action screw measurements that's different. I got a short action stock, moved the front screw hole up a bit (less than 1/4") and added a front pillar. Real easy to do before you get involved in bedding the action.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Basic Member

Sharp shootersupply and Stockade gun stocks make stocks for the 4.52 spacing. Just tell them when you order...
    Pete