Thread: Broke my newly built .204 in

Basic Member

Broke my newly built .204 in

Went to a friends place last night as he has been hearing a couple of groups of yotes for the last week or so and also a bobcat seen and heard several times. We called several different areas with nothing seen or heard. The moon broke out from the clouds and figured it might be up as a ground fog was also starting to form. We moved to another field and had a fox come to the edge but stayed just far enough back not giving us a good shot, nothing more. We moved near his horse barn where the cat has been seen several times. Hit the cat in heat on the FoxPro for a few went silent, nothing switched to a DSG cottontail played soft. I hit the scan light and caught movement to my right. I brought the newly built .204, on a model 12 action factory heavy sporter barrel up, and kicked on the 250 kill light and settled the crosshairs on the shoulder fairly sharp quartering to angle, squeezed the trigger and watched the impact and collapse through the scope. Not the cat we were trying for but this nice grey came running in only to be the first victim of the new rifle. The fog started to settle in thick so we called it a night and I was home by 10.

[img width=460 height=768]http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h384/EdK1403/IMAG0140.jpg[/img]

efw

Re: Broke my newly built .204 in

Nice first kill for what is sure to be a real predator-knocker! Thanks for sharing... good luck on the cat, too!

Tony in SC

The first kill with a new gun is always great. We're just learning to set up for coyotes at night. This may be a dumb question but what is the 250 kill light? We have gotten a few in the afternoon over bait. Thanks, Tony

Basic Member

Nice one !!!

Basic Member

Congrats!!!

I also just built my first .204 on a Savage and it's also a former model twelve barrel (heavy) but mine is screwed onto a model 11 action. This is my third Savage build all total, the other two being long actions.

Best regards

Three 44s

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony in SC
    The first kill with a new gun is always great. We're just learning to set up for coyotes at night. This may be a dumb question but what is the 250 kill light? We have gotten a few in the afternoon over bait. Thanks, Tony
    The light is made by Elusive Wildlife Technologies the model is KLR 250 it is a a high power led light they are available in red, green and white light. It is nice especially if hunting solo, itt elimnates the need for the spotlight. Good luck with the yotes they are/have definately been a challenge so far.

Tony in SC

Quote Originally Posted by EdKin
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony in SC
    The light is made by Elusive Wildlife Technologies the model is KLR 250 it is a a high power led light they are available in red, green and white light. It is nice especially if hunting solo, itt elimnates the need for the spotlight. Good luck with the yotes they are/have definately been a challenge so far.
    Thanks for the Info. I will check into the kill light. I know what you mean when you say they are a challenge!! Tony