Thread: rings for stevens 200

rings for stevens 200

hey guys!! as some of you know due to my sons 710 failure i bought a stevens 200 in 270 for myself. he sort of took my 110 lol. anyway my cheap combo will be a egw one piece and a simmons 4x14x44 aetec scope. i know there are better combos but i needed to keep it around 500.00. so my question can i do this with high rings or do i need extra high? seems to be a shortage of burris rings nowadays. so does anybody got some ideas? any input would be appreciated.

Re: rings for stevens 200

The height really depends on what brand you plan to use. Some makers measure their heights to the centerline of the scope and some measure to the bottom of the scope.

For signature zee burris rings You could use probably mediums since it is on an EGW base. i use mediums on my 50mm scopes that are on egw bases.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Swamptoplains

Pdog,

Curious what kind and height of rings your using on your 111, I took my leappy off my 111 and slapped on my daughters Rem 788; waiting on my EGW base that I plan on bedding - yet I can't decide what rings or height to get for the Vortex PST 6-24x50; any help would be appreciated.

Basic Member

I have an EGW Picatinny mount with Burris Extreme (low) Rings on my Stevens 200 with Vortex Viper (44MM) scope. I love this setup.

helotaxi

Assuming that scope is a 1" tube, the medium Signature Zee rings might actually be too high when coupled with an EGW base, and they don't make any Signature Zee that are lower. That combination was certainly higher than I wanted or needed with a 50mm objective.

I wanted to stick with Signature rings so on the two rifles that stayed with them, I have a 40mmAO Bushnell that I used 2-piece Weaver bases (MUCH thinner than the EGW base) with Medium Sig. Zee rings and a 50mm Bushnell that I mounted with Burris standard bases (windage adjustable rear and dovetailed front) with high Sig. (not Zee) rings. The med rings were not quite high enough for the objective bell of the 50mm scope to clear the barrel. Med were fine with a 40mm scope and might be OK with a 44mm depending on how thick the housing is.

i did mount this st up on the stevens a 4x14x44 simmons aetec and the egw tactical base with high burris rings. haventy shot it yet but i seem to be okay with the setup. if it is uncomfortable i will be replacing those with mediums which i have in spare parts

Quote Originally Posted by pdog06
    The height really depends on what brand you plan to use. Some makers measure their heights to the centerline of the scope and some measure to the bottom of the scope.

For signature zee burris rings You could use probably mediums since it is on an EGW base. i use mediums on my 50mm scopes that are on egw bases.
    +1, mediums worked great on my Vortex Viper on an EGW 20 MOA base.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67