Thread: ACCU Stock vs Non Accu

MatthewUSMC8791

ACCU Stock vs Non Accu

I am considering a couple rifles and now I have read a few post here that say the accustock is better than the tupperware but it doesn’t seem by much!!!

I’m planning on buying a left handed 243 and just shoot the hell out of it hot loads or not till the barrel is gone and then build a semi-custom gun from there.

IF the accustock is junk, I could save a couple hundred and move down from model a model 16 to another as long as it is left handed.
    It doesn’t matter stainless or not…

For instance,
    model 16 in 243 wholesales under $600 and a model 11 trophy w/DBM under $500 or the regular model 11 Hunter @ $440

The model 16 is accuS and accuT, the model 11’s only the accutrigger so I could save $150 and add towards a Manners, etc.

Lets here from the true Savage Wizards who bought the accustock

thanks fellas..

82boy

Re: ACCU Stock vs Non Accu

The accu-stock is a band-aid fix to a forearm flex problem found in the tupperwere stocks, It totaly misses the accutal problem with the stocks and that is the flex issue in the bedding/grip area. IMO the accu-stock is about as good as a tuperwere stock with the forearm reinforced. The aluminum u chanel bedding area presents a flase hope for a proper bedding area, and still needs bedded. For the additional cost you would be leaps ahead just to get a laminate stock.

82boy is tellin' it like it is... (wouldn't expect anything less from his vault of knowledge)
    .22LR * 6.5x47 Lapua * .223 Rem * .308 Win * 260 Rem * Large Cojones!
    [I]"I can prove anything by statistics except the truth."[/I]

ellobo

Look at Boyds website. You can get a drop in stock in laminate for $97. I like the Prairie Hunter style myself. I have used them before and like them. I think you have to cut the bolt notch yourself on the stocks so you dont have a problem with left hand. Give them a call for info. I called today with a question and got what I wanted for answers.

El Lobo

Basic Member

That's the route I would go too. Basic rifle, add a nice stock. I went with the Boyds classic. That 150 will go a long way on making the rifle your custom rig. I have never been satisfied with the accustock outfit I bought.
    Life is short, make every shot count.