Thread: need help on savage 111

knightrider

need help on savage 111

i just picked up a savage 111 in 7mm mag with the drop box mag, i need scope base that will allow more mounting options than the one thats on it, the redfield 3-9x50 is to short to fit in the weaver bases on this long action.it is the non accutrigger model so help me out with a base for this gun please.

ajlandis

Re: need help on savage 111

There are may options. First, you could go with a full one-piece rail that would allow you to use the same rings you have, and mount them closer together. Another option is to use a different style of two-piece bases. Either a standard front dovetail/rear windage-adjustable, or a dual dovetail. Regardless, you would need new rings to match the new style of bases. Both styles are offered in offset configurations that will allow you several different options of how to mount your scope. Go to some websites that sell optics mounts/rings and you'll be able to see some good examples. Personally, I'm a fan of burris or leupold bases, with burris signature rings. The rings have been extremely hard to get lately, but they are a great product. There are other possibilities, but those are the most common.

EGW base. Just need to know whether the action has a round rear action or a flat rear action and order the base accordingly.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by pdog06
    EGW base. Just need to know whether the action has a round rear action or a flat rear action and order the base accordingly.
    +1 for EGW. It gives you many options for ring placement to accomodate different scope lengths.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Quote Originally Posted by GaCop
    Quote Originally Posted by pdog06
    +1 for EGW. It gives you many options for ring placement to accomodate different scope lengths.
    +2 for EGW

Basic Member

+3 For EGW rail
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

Basic Member

You can get a extended front base that is what I have on all my 111s.

Weaver Top-Mount Scope Base #46 $3.99 at midway USA
    While doing other things I often wish I were hunting.
    While hunting I seldom, if ever, wish I were doing anything else

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.