Thread: Weaver Grand Slam Scope Opinions???

Basic Member

Weaver Grand Slam Scope Opinions???

I am looking around for another scope and I have had my eye on the Weaver Grand Slam Scope. First off, are they made in Japan? I am after a scope with a Dot Reticle and it looks like these scopes are available in the Varminter Dot and the Fine Crosshair Dot in 6-20x40. I have not ever had the chance to get my hands on one or put my eye to one, so I was hoping that someone could give me there input. I am wondering what the opinions are of the overall performance for the money compared to other scopes and also what the thoughts are with the 2 types of reticles that I mentioned? Thanks for any opinions or advise in advance!!!

nuclabuyer

Re: Weaver Grand Slam Scope Opinions???

I have 2 weaver grandslam scopes, one is a 3-10 on my 308 and the other is 4.5-14 on my 300 mag. I think they are terrific scope for the money.

Re: Weaver Grand Slam Scope Opinions???

Quote Originally Posted by AROKHUNTER
    I am looking around for another scope and I have had my eye on the Weaver Grand Slam Scope. First off, are they made in Japan? I am after a scope with a Dot Reticle and it looks like these scopes are available in the Varminter Dot and the Fine Crosshair Dot in 6-20x40. I have not ever had the chance to get my hands on one or put my eye to one, so I was hoping that someone could give me there input. I am wondering what the opinions are of the overall performance for the money compared to other scopes and also what the thoughts are with the 2 types of reticles that I mentioned? Thanks for any opinions or advise in advance!!!
    I believe the lenses are from Japan and they're assembled in another country, ie, Philippines or Korea, can't remember off hand.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67