Thread: Need Help

Basic Member

Need Help

So I received my barrel from Jim today and fot it installed and its a beauty to say the least. Easy process except for my one goof up. I took off the slide on the bolt face (the piece that grabs the brass to pull out the spent case). Everything was well until i went back to install it. Put the spring back in, set the little ball on top and reached down for the slide piece that goes over the ball. Well i lost the damn ball during that last process.

Anybody know where I can get one? Probably gonna spend less on the ball than i will on the shipping > but thats my fault. Anybody got any extras? Any tips? Thanks

Team Savage

Re: Need Help

LOL happens all the time
    check your local hardware our bike shop
    ii am thinken you need 1 about .140
    i have some,but they are about 300mi. away
    drybean

Basic Member

1/4" lynch pin at the farm or hardware store, cut the pin by the ball, pop it out, install in bolt face & you are good to go.
    next time do that job in a gallon zip lock bag to catch flying parts. Should be about 80 cents or so for the pin.

Basic Member

Awesome about the lynch pin. I actually did the dis assemble inside the bag and it was my stupid mistake putting it together.

thomae

Drybean is correct. Original extractor detent ball is .125", but .140" (9/64th) works better (less slop).

If you have a Fastenal store near you, there is no shipping for these to the store (or you can pay postage to have it delivered to your home). Get yourself about 20 to have around "just in case."

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detail.ex?sku=0987677&ucst=t

All the best,
    Thomae

I replaced one of mine with a piece of Steel shot out of 1 of my duck loads. Can't remember if it was a #2 or #4, but has been working for at least 2 years now and can't complain.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM