Thread: does anyone sell after market stocks for Edge ??

gumboot458

does anyone sell after market stocks for Edge ??

Does anyone know of an after market srock for the Edge . The only thing I dislike about my Edge stock is the wrist/ grip. .

Basic Member

Re: does anyone sell after market stocks for Edge ??

The short answer is NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But people are hoping soon.

Basic Member

You could build yourself a stock. A member on this site recently build one for his rifle. Turned out pretty good too.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

gumboot458

I have been thinking about doing that but I'm not too familar with Savages at this point . Plus I was hopeing to get a dropin ..Something like a Houge overmoldor a Stockey's or Boydes thumbhole laminet .

rusty815

Hmm, give Kevin Rayhill at Stockade a call, maybe he can give it a shot.

bobfortier

Quote Originally Posted by psharon97
    You could build yourself a stock. A member on this site recently build one for his rifle. Turned out pretty good too.
    I think it was me !

http://savageshooters.com/SavageForu...c,45825.0.html

Basic Member

http://savageshooters.com/SavageForu...c,47249.0.html
    This is the one I was looking at. But your build looks impressive as well. ;D ^^ Great work!
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

superloggy

I too would like a different stock for my Axis 30 06, whenever a company gets around to offering one. In the meantime, I decided to modify the one it came with because I couldn't stand the flexing of the stock causing it to touch the barrel, also it is too light in my opinion and a bit of weight might tame the recoil and muzzle flip from the bench a bit.

So I added two steel tubes in the foregrip area, after grinding out the plastic webbing in this area, and then i JB welded them in. I thought as long as I've got the tools out I might as well change the stock recoil pad to a limbsaver. To do this I removed the stock pad/insert.I then filled the stock with some lead shot mixed with PL400 construction adhesive until it was 1 inch from full, then filled the remaining space with JB weld (I love the stuff, and buy it in the giant tubes that you can get at the automotive stores, which saves a bunch of money). Once it dried I drilled out for the new pad with the template the limbsaver came with, then screwed it on... Oh and I also glued the trigger guard assembly on with.... JB weld!

Now, I almost like the stock, it doesn't flex at all. The recoil is much less noticable and doesn't muzzle jump like it used to. And the new pad makes the rifle a dream to shoot of the bench or off hand. (I wouldn't have bothered with the pad for any of the other calibers the axis is available in. I just found the light 30 06 hurt my old worn out shoulder) As a result my groups seem to be both more consistent and smaller after the modifications.

This will hopefully hold me over till a stock I like comes available. Just thought I'd share this. (Caution I am a JB weld expert and your results may vary.)

mcp1

If enough people request this stock from Boyd's or your favourite manufacturer then there is a chance of getting some made. Personally a pepper finished laminate prairie hunter would suit mine just fine...

bootarcher

Supperloggy maybe you could post up some pictures of your stock. I would love to do his to my axis I recently painted my stock with some flecked paint from the hardware store and it turned out great.

bobfortier

I am making some replacement stock for the Axis that accept the mag, and believe me it is not as easy as a regular action Savage. The recoil lug groove must be tight fit, there is some metal fabrication involved to hold the mag in place, the Savage 110 trigger guard cannot be fitted so I have to make one myself, etc etc.

I'll be the first one surprised when a big company produce those.