Thread: Thanks to Sharp Shooter Supply

Basic Member

Thanks to Sharp Shooter Supply

I had Sharp Shooter Supply time & true two Dual Port Target Actions.
    These actions are as smooth as they get with a bolt lift that rivals
    my Batt Action.

Thanks Fred and Lisa for a job well done!

Terry

Re: Thanks to Sharp Shooter Supply

Ditto, Fred can do wonders with the Savage Actions! Evolution triggers will spoil you as well!
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

cwop

i have a question can you send him just the action and does it come back to an ffl??

thanks

bob

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by cwop
    i have a question can you send him just the action and does it come back to an ffl??

thanks

bob
    They come back to you the owner.

Terry

Cycler

Quote Originally Posted by cwop
    thanks

bob
    You can send him just the action or the entire rifle as it will be returned directly to you. No FFL intemediary is needed.

jeazor

Fred does very good work, I have several that he has done with same smooth results.

Basic Member

How long did it take him to get to it? Also how long did it take him to complete it? thanks.

Nandy

Quote Originally Posted by parkj5
    How long did it take him to get to it? Also how long did it take him to complete it? thanks.
    I have read in many places that the waiting list could be up to a year for Fred services. I sent an email because I am interested on him doing my 7mm rem mag project but it's been a week and I have not heard a word... That is good and bad, that mean the man is so good and has so much work he cant answer an email. In the other hand, he is not the only one that has not return my email, I checked with 2 more gunsmiths that are advertising here and I have not heard from them either, one of them have had 2 emails from me and now it is 2 weeks and no reply, business must be good for him too... Lucky for me, the one sponsor that did answer can do the job and it is not a huge waiting list for him. I will wait until next week then pull the trigger so to speak!

Most well known quality smith's have a waiting list! Up to you if you want the quality!

Basic Member

Fred is doing a project for me. I just sent him two actions for work to be done. Email takes a while for Lisa to respond to. I've had better luck calling them in the morning. They are top quality and I do recommend them. Be prepared to wait the things you order though. I ordered by barrel back in February and was told last week to mail in my actions.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by parkj5
    Round trip including mail time 2 months.

Terry

have read in many places that the waiting list could be up to a year for Fred services. I sent an email because I am interested on him doing my 7mm rem mag project but it's been a week and I have not heard a word... That is good and bad, that mean the man is so good and has so much work he cant answer an email. In the other hand, he is not the only one that has not return my email, I checked with 2 more gunsmiths that are advertising here and I have not heard from them either, one of them have had 2 emails from me and now it is 2 weeks and no reply, business must be good for him too... Lucky for me, the one sponsor that did answer can do the job and it is not a huge waiting list for him. I will wait until next week then pull the trigger so to speak!
    Nandy, what type of work are you needing? Since you mentioned three smiths, maybe one of us could help you. Dennis

Nandy

Sorry for the late response Denis, for some reason I did not get the email notifying me of a response. I got a hold of Lisa today. I dont like to speak for other people but there was a good reason why they did not get in touch with me and a bunch of other people in a timely manner. Anyway, im getting the true/timing and a fluted bolt. Still waiting on the last gun smith to get with me and then I see who I give the barrel job.
    I appreciate your offer to help but what I needed from them is can they do it, timeline and price, not something anyone else but them can answer.
    Thanks!

Nandy

SSS will do the project for me. Im sure there will be a Thanks to SSS post from me in the future!!!!