Thread: What distributers sell actions????

Purecountry

What distributers sell actions????

Looking to buy a savage action for my custom build but savage doesn't sell direct , they did tell me however that there are distributers that work with them an do sell them! Can anybody tell me what distributors do actually sell them so I can keep moving forward! Thx

Basic Member
    Northland Shooters Supply sponser right here on site. Jim will hook you up.

LRJammer
    I found it cheaper yet to get a Stevens model 200 rifle. I made a trade for one that was practically brand new and I have about $250 in it. Youre not likely to find a bare action for less than $325-350. It doesnt have the Accutrigger but that was fine by me, I intend to replace the trigger anyway.
    Last edited by LRJammer; 01-17-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Purecountry
    What caliber is it in?

LRJammer
    Mine is a 7mm-08 and will build a 260 Remington on it. They make it in 270 & 30-06 as well if you need a long action.
    Last edited by LRJammer; 01-17-2013 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Spelling

Purecountry
    So are you selling yours or you are saying to just go buy a Stevens?

stangfish
    You will be recieving a link in your PM box you may want to investigate.

LRJammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Purecountry View Post
    So are you selling yours or you are saying to just go buy a Stevens?
    I was suggesting getting a Stevens to scalp the action off of for a build. You can probably get $50-75 for the factory barrel and stock after it is dissasembled.

stangfish your pm box is full, can you send me the linky please------ pretty please with cherry's on top, sorry I have been hanging around my granddaughter to much,LOL

Tanks Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Purecountry
    Offered the guy what he was asking $200 and he ships and no deal! On well thanks for the tip tho

Westcliffe01
    Good triggers and either gunsmith time or barrel and action wrenches are not cheap. I recommend spending the money to get one of the target actions, it will be worth it. Even more so if it is stainless steel.

Purecountry
    I agree but the question I where can I get one? I've called northland shooting supply an I'm waiting on a call back but I'm ready to get this thing rolling I've got the stock picked out the barrel builder is waiting, i know what trigger im going to put in, so somebody please help! I've got an itch to build!!!

Sorry did not realize it was a private sale, I thought it was a shop that had a good deal on them, or something to that effect.

Tanks Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

blom
    Jerry's Sport Center sells Savage actions, but you need a FFL or have a dealer get it for you.
    Stu
    P.S. I haven't checked availabilty lately

Westcliffe01
    NSS can be tough to contact. You need to try calling during their office hours. I have criticized him in he past for being unresponsive, but you will find plenty of satisfied customers here on this board. When you leave a voice message, try to be as detailed as possible and provide a number he cn call and potentially leave you a reply.

I've heard rumors that Jim with NSS is @ the shot show. That might explain the lack of contact. Nonetheless, he is great to deal with.
    12 LRP .204, 200 .243 project rifle. (action), 116 SS action, 200 270

Cycler
    Quote Originally Posted by blom View Post
    Jerry's Sport Center sells Savage actions, but you need a FFL or have a dealer get it for you.
    That's true for purchase of an action from any dealer, including NSS. No one can legally ship an action (it's the serial numbered part) to a private buyer, it has to go through an FFL.

Purecountry
    Thanks all for the input I think I might have found one but I will deff be calling these other place just in case it falls through I can't wait to get it here so I can start my build. I will be posting in this forum start to finish. Stock is picked out scope got bought today and the barrel builder in Lincoln is waiting on me!!! I am STOKED!!

ABE_EOD
    You could also check with Sharp Shooter Supply. www.sharpshootersupply.com

ABE_EOD