Thread: New member with 2 Accustock questions. I will be ordering a model 11F in 7mm-08 next week, it will u

aeb60

New member with 2 Accustock questions. I will be ordering a model 11F in 7mm-08 next week, it will u

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

aeb60

Accustock Questions

Sorry about the last post trying to do this from my phone. I am ordering a model 11F in 7mm-08, it will be for hunting and targets out to 500 yards. Later the plan is to replace the barrel with a heavy varmit barrel. Will the accustock work with that barrel? Thanks

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ellobo

Re: Accustock Questions

You may have to open up the barrel channel in the stock by sanding it out with a large dowel and sandpaper but other than that it should be OK.

El Lobo

Basic Member

Re: New member with 2 Accustock questions. I will be ordering a model 11F in 7mm-08 next week, it wi

Peronally, I'd go with a non acu stock model. You'll likely want to switch stocks when you switch barrels, and I 'm not sold on the accustock (after buying one)
    My laminate and axis shoot better.
    Life is short, make every shot count.

Basic Member

Re: New member with 2 Accustock questions. I will be ordering a model 11F in 7mm-08 next week, it wi

I agree I not sold on the accu-stock either. By the LPR and it comes with a H&S stock far better than anything Savage makes.

I went the route of the Non-Accustock. Owned two and was not impressed. You get the smooth barrel nut that you either have to get a special tool to remove the nut or use a pipe wrench and replace the nut. The barrel lug I don't think can be changed out in an accustock. I took my model 16 and sold the barrel and stock and built my 7mm-08 from there. I paid $473 for a non accustock version. You buy accustock you are paying extra from the get go. Also if you go accustock there's a very good chance you will have the bottom bolt release which in my opinion is not a good option.

If you plan on changing stocks then do not buy the crapustock.It is an orphan.Get the standard reciever with a tupperware stock to throw away so to speak and buy a bell&carlson or hs precision.If you buy the lrp model with the hs precision stock,then you may just leave it alone or only change out the barrel to upgrade.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!