First time posting in this section. Anyways I recently purchased a .223 Axis and am very pleased with it. I did the trigger work on it and have a 4-12x40 Redfield on it and it will consistently shoot under an inch and occasionally under a half inch for 4 shot groups at 100yds.

I am now in the market for a .308 bolt gun for deer hunting/ recreational shooting and am wondering what i am gaining if I go with this series of rifles versus the axis. Are the factory synthetic stocks any better on the 110 series? Is the accu-trigger any better than a worked-over Axis trigger? Is the stainless steel any better on the Weather Warrior versus the Axis? It's hard to justify spending hundreds more on anything else when the Axis shoots so well. But i would like something more solid fealing for a big game rifle. I currently have an ultralight all-weather Ruger M77 .30-06 and a Browning BLR .30-06 and they are both great deer guns but not very tight grouping compared to these Savage's. They also kick like hell at the bench. I have been told .308 is more pleasant but have never shot one. I really don't want to go under .30 caliber as they kill so well with Hornady SST's. ;D

Thanks for any imput you all can give me.