Thread: edumercate me on savage mags pls

edumercate me on savage mags pls

I bought a dbm short action (243 ss without accu), I see the 10 fcp has a 10 round mag,

Are all savage short action mags interchangeable?
    newbie from gr, mi.

Re: edumercate me on savage mags pls

There are 2 types,one is stagger feed(they lay in the mag ,1 to the right and the next is left and so on) The other is a centerfeed where they lay stright on top of eaxch other like a .22 clip and they feed great.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

82boy

Quote Originally Posted by Stockrex
    I bought a dbm short action (243 ss without accu), I see the 10 fcp has a 10 round mag,
    Are all savage short action mags interchangeable?
    Nope.

The NEW 10fpc-sr (The only 10fpc showne with a 10 round mag.) with a 10 round mag use a new design magzine system that uses a magazine similar to the AI mags, this is also used on the 10 and 110 BA. To the best of my knowledge, thes mags, and bottom metal are not availble for sale.

The second generation short action (Stagard feed.) utilized a magazine system with a release botton on the side of the stock, they are very hard to find parts for this set up. It will not interchange with the center feed actions.

The third gen short actions (Centerfeed) used a blind magazine held into the stock, with a few changes it could be trasnformed into a detachable magazine, or a flip open. It will not inter change with the Staggard feed guns.

The Axis/Edge uses a similar magazine system as the centerfeed savage rifles, but has a diferent locking system.(Soon to be found on more savage rifles.) These magazines will not work in the centerfeed savage rifles, even though the mag box is the same the latching system, and magazine cap are compleatly different.

Good Question, the magazines used in 10 FCP are Accuracy International very different sounds that you have a short action go to
    http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/ has a system that will work for you, a derrect replacement for your bottom metal check his website out.