Just an note on my upcoming build.

I purchased a Savage axis in .223 from Cabela's, with a holiday sale and some points, I bought it for about $200.

Midway supplied an EGW solid scope base for about $34. Also a Savage action wrench on sale for $22 made by their house brand Caldwell.

Brownells for some bake on Gunkote in flat black for $30, but I'll redo a FAL barrel and some touchups there too...so break that cost up some.

I did the trigger improvement suggested on this forum, cost less than $5 in set screws and springs. Some improvement, and I plan to stone the sear and trigger to smooth it out some. COULD do a Rifle Basix trigger for $70, but I'd like to try my hand at the cheap fix.

Just purchased a spare box mag and a YOUTH stock direct from Savage. Not listed on their web site, just call them. 39.99 and another $80 for the stock.

I have a cheap 3x9 scope I'm thinking of using, but I don't know. My 8" Noveske AR in 300Blk is set up with a 1x4 Leupold, and I like that fine. got a spare SWFA SSALT mount from a buddy for $20, so there's optics taken care of.

So...$400 into it?

The group buy is from Gun Shack
http://www.gunshack.com/groupbuy?product_id=164

I'll mount either my AAC 762SD or the AAC Ti-Rant 45 I have pending. Subsonics, supersonic. Deer rifle for my boys and a toy to play with...