Hi!
I'm a Norwegian and new to this forum. I've tried to make a few searches without any hits, so I start a new thread with my first post.

I own a Savage 16 weather warrior left handed 308, new accu-trigger version with blind box. Since my new big game rifle (a Swedish Varberger action, Lone Wolf kevlar stock, LW 35 Whelen barrel...), the Savage will be more of a dustcollector if it remains in its current configuration, so an extreme makeover is needed! Then hopefully I'll have a longrange target slash varmint rifle when the weather become warm again...

My first thought was to start ordering new parts here and there as whenever my income felt to handle it (I'm a student...), but then that plan first got ruined by finding "Sharp Shooter Supply". This store had everything I needed, both wood and metal, but sadly enough he's not able to ship barrels outside of the United States, which brings me back to square one.

I've glass-bedded the factory stock, built a cheeckpiece, and stiffened up the forearm by bedding in an aluminum rail (actually for hanging curtains...). The scope is a Docter classic 2.5-10x48 (German 4), which is works great for hunting, but will eventually be changed in favour for a mil-dot scope with external adjustment knobs. Both of these will do for starters, so I plan to start with the metalwork.

The plan i to get a prefit barrel in 260 Rem, and a new precise cut recoil lug. Same boltface as I have, good v-max capability and good enough to 1000 meters (when the rifle is finished). There aren't any gunsmiths here in Norway, at least that I know of, that has any experience truing Savage actions. Is this really necessary?

That brings me to the greatest question : do you know any dealers that can export a match grade barrel, hopefully prethreaded and chambered, at a decent price?? Most can ship, but If they don't have the paperwork in order, the cost of the papermill will be about the same as the barrel itself...

Then a new stock, hopefully a detachable box conversion and new trigger will come a bit later... And of course new optics and mounts.