Thread: Savage Target Actions - Special fitment ?

300magman

Savage Target Actions - Special fitment ?

This might be an obvious question, but as I haven't actually seen one in person I thougt I had better ask. Will a stock designed for a standard savage short action work for one of the target actions. Or is the fitment completely different...due to size?...action design?...screw spacing?..etc

Also, are there two versions of the target action with different screw spacing? Or is the LRPV action different from the target action? -> (in any other way than simply having an opening milled to allow for use as a repeater)

lrpv-shooter

Re: Savage Target Actions - Special fitment ?

If I'm not mistaken, the lrpv is a Target action, the old ones have a 4.40" bolt spacing, great actions I own three of them and all great

82boy

Nope, the actions are the same, and a 4.4 target action will fit in a standard 4.4 stock, without the use of the third screw. Some of the target actions, (Mostly dual ports from what I have seen.) have a diferent spacing. What they did was move the rear pillar forward, and used a model 40 trigger guard, it would take a lot of work to fit the stock to this action, but all of them I have seen has the original hole for the rear pillar, and I believe that it could be threaded, and use the 4.4 spacing.

musselvalley

I had one put in a B&C Medalist. It was the dual port version. Gunsmith had to move the front hole a little, but you can't tell it. They will work, just will need a little patient love. I really like mine, feels, looks, and operates great.

maddogg316

+1 I also had a dual port target and i orderd a stock and got a whidden action v block for it and nothing fit the action spacing! So take care in measuring the screw spacing on those actions before you order a stock. Or just have a smith fit it up for you

Varget 7-08

My 12 LRP dropped right into my Manners T4