Thread: Sightron sIII

Basic Member

Sightron sIII

So I decided to go with the sightron sIII in 6-24x50 for my model 10 hs precision .308. I got 2 questions though, do they come with a sunshade and where is the cheapest place to get these? Opticsplanet has them for $844 shipped with tactical turrets and mildot reticle. Thinking about going with a dnz mount, any other mounts I should consider? Thanks.

Re: Sightron sIII

yes they come with a sunshade. My father has that scope with the target dot on his AR for prairie dogs. he loves it!

Senderofan

Purchased mine from Natchez Shooters Supply. They've got them listed at $789. Scroll down to near the bottom of the following page.

http://www.natchezss.com/category.cf...=SH&catLevel=1

Here's an outfit advertising them for $717...not sure what shipping runs.

http://www.arcadian-sales.com/Mercha...4x50LRMD_25133

Wayne

Senderofan

As far as your mounting system...I've never seen the dnz. I would recommend getting the best rings and base that fit your budget. Don't skimp on the rings for sure. Look at outfits like EGW, Farell. I happen to really like Ken Farrell...for both rings and bases....I also like Badger Ordnance and NightForce as well. You want to protect your investment and having rings / bases that are machined to close tolerances will go a long way to protect your investment.

Wayne

Basic Member

Its really hard to beat EGW bases for about $50.00 and a set of burris signature zee rings its a killer setup. The rings are supposed to be more avaliable by the end of this month.
    Retired sniper. You can run, But you will only die tired!!!

Basic Member

I've bought 2 scopes from Arcadian Sales,they are good people to deal with.
    I recently bought my SIII MOA2 scope from Long Range Supply,he had the cheapest price of anyone.You will get the best price if you mail him a check or MO.He charges a 4.5% credit card fee.Even with the fee and shipping,he had a better price than anyone else.

http://longrangesupply.com/index.php...=1259_1261_116

Basic Member

wow i just looked at what he sells the Siii 10-50x60 moa-2 ir he is 200.00 cheaper than what i paid last month i will have to look him up for my next sightron .

Basic Member

http://www.theammozone.com/optics/sc...Page-2-50.html ammo zone had good prices and good shipping. the last few sightrons i bought i got from them
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

MWalker

I ordered my Sightron SIII 6-24x50 LRMOA from opticsplanet.com the other day. I should see it by Monday. With free shipping and a 10% rebate for leaving a review I got it for $756 shipped. I have Nightforce 20MOA 2-piece bases and low Burris XTR rings to go with it. I ordered the rings and bases separately. No discounts on Nightforce but found a 5% coupon code online to use on the rings. Both with free shipping. I have yet to look through a Sightron or Vortex Viper PST. I actually ordered the Vortex first but they are on backorder so I ordered the Sightron and will be cancelling the Vortex.

Basic Member

How much internal moa movement on the SIII 6x24x50?

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by slurpin dog
    How much internal moa movement on the SIII 6x24x50?
    100 moa of adjustment