Thread: Whats up with Opticsplanet???

sliderspal

Whats up with Opticsplanet???

I ordered some Burris signature Zee 30mm rings several months ago and I was told they are on B/O and I would recieve them the first week in January.
    Today I call Opticsplanet and they tell me that the rings that came in this week where already spoken for.
    So I ask if they can tell me where on the list I am and they said they can't do that.
    Sounds fishy to me.
    Anybody else have a B/O for these rings with OP?

Re: Whats up with Opticsplanet???

From what I've read online Burris Zee Rings are on B/O everywhere.
    AccurateShooter.com had a thread complaining about the availability of them.
    Burris may be only partially filling their retailers orders until production catches up.
    Savage: 243 Win, 250 Savage, 25-06, 260AI, 300 Savage, 308 Win, 30-06 AR-15: 6.8 SPC II, 22LR, 223 Service, 556 Carbine TC Encore: 6.8 SPC, 30-06

Basic Member

No one has the zee rings any where. Burris says they should be available by the end of Feb. They will have all their backorders filled buy the end of this month.
    Retired sniper. You can run, But you will only die tired!!!

sliderspal

Well the guy at Optics Planet said they are getting them in now.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by sliderspal
    Well the guy at Optics Planet said they are getting them in now.
    Good luck with that. OP shows inventory on Amazon for these rings and will not change it to backordered. I had it out with them over a month ago. I have called them to verify inventory before placing an order being an item was in stock and would ship in 24 hours only to get the backorder notice the next day. OP has free shipping and competitive pricing, but are unethical in the way they take orders. After three orders gone bad, I am done with them. Hope your order works for you.

Tim

FYI-my local Cabela's store (Allen, TX) had medium and high 30 mm Signature Zee ring in stock right after Christmas. They didn't have the extra-highs I wanted. Pricey, but in stock. Don't know if they would ship for you are not.

janizary

If I want something that OP has the best (legit) price for, I order with the full knowledge that their 'In stock' listing is less than reliable. I've been dealing with them long enough that I just call and cancel if I get the BO response.

A bit off-topic, but knowing the rather iffy BO issues, I was expecting hell on a return when I had to make one. Surprisingly, one return and one 'damaged in shipment' went flawlessly. I was both pleased, and surprised, by that, so I give them a bit of slack even if their 'in stock' listing irritates me sometimes. YMMV, not valid in CT, limited time offer

Basic Member

Midway had their expected back in stock date in May and have now bumped it back to June so it would surprise me to see anybody get them in by February. I've got one 1" set left that I'm getting ready to use and need about 2 or 3 more sets but I guess I'm just gonna have to wait or go with something else. I've really grown to like the signature zee's though so I'll probably wait. Got other projects to keep me occupied in the mean time. ;D

sliderspal

Well I just scored a set of signature zee 30mm med black rings from a tip I received here.
    So if everything works out OK I should be GTH !

sliderspal

Update:
    Recieved my 30mm signature zee med today ! ;D
    Bit pricey but I have a set.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by sliderspal
    Update:
    Recieved my 30mm signature zee med today ! ;D
    Bit pricey but I have a set.
    Glad that worked out for you. Luck, Tim