Thread: I think my Weaver T36 has gone out on me!

Basic Member

I think my Weaver T36 has gone out on me!

I'm finally getting around to working up loads for my 6BR pistol, and now I think my scope crapped out on me!

I had a Leupold Mk 4 on the gun but I pulled that off to slap onto my 300WSM for a while. The 6BR was shooting great with the MK4 on there with 5 shots in the .3s with some randomly picked loads. When I put the Weaver on there to start some real load development, it went well for a few groups and then they all opened up. Like .7" and up! I tried the loads which had previously shot well (with the MK4 scope) and got the same results. It's frustrating because I can only get to the range maybe once a month. Now I'll need to burn up time swapping out scopes.

Do you guys have any experience with Weaver's customer service? Is it worth trying to get the scope fixed, or is it better to just replace it and move on?

Andrew

Basic Member

Re: I think my Weaver T36 has gone out on me!

I think the problem is that Weaver has changed ownership a couple of times in the past 10 years. I had two of these an recently switched over to a Leupold 45x Competition. My experience was great with the Weavers. Do you have your warranty card with the original proof of purchase? I would also post this question on Benchrest Central. Lot of guys there with significant experience using the T36. If fact I seem to remember this exact question being discussion in the past year or so. Do a search with the search engine on BRC and I bet you find your answer.

Luck, Tim

Basic Member

Re: I think my Weaver T36 has gone out on me!

Thanks Tim. I picked this scope up second hand, but I'm still in contact with the original owner. Maybe I'll give him a call. I'll check out BRC as well. Thanks for the tip.

Andrew