Thread: Burris Signature Zee Rings?

Basic Member

Burris Signature Zee Rings?

Guys, I'm really starting to wonder if Burris even makes these anymore (the Weaver Style). It's been at least six months since Optics Planet had any in stock and Midway just changed the Expected In Stock Date to 2 February 2012. I never recieved a reply when I emailed Burris (I should have called). Txhillbilly posted a similar thread over a year ago so this has been going on for some time. Looks like I'll have to try the EBay route...

JD

Re: Burris Signature Zee Rings?

Have you checked with Brownell's, Midsouth Shooter Supply and Graf's?
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member

I did, all were on backorder for Burris Weaver Style Signature Rings. They've been out for a long time. As popular as they are, it's a wonder someone hasn't come out with a counterfeit version!

tyler.woodard04

i heard somewhere about a plant relocation. not sure if its true or not. I only have one set left myself and they are slated for the next project.

Basic Member

I read that somewhere on another site too (the plant relocation). Still, it seems like they've been unavailable for a long time! Makes me wonder if I should start looking around for another brand...

Basic Member

I am pretty sure I have a couple of sets. Probably 1", med, matte black signiture rings. I can check if anyone is interested.
    Charlie
    laportecharlie

Basic Member

Actually I did have a spare set of 30mm (that's what I need) Signatures Rings but I let my buddy use them while his were on backorder (six months and counting!) I'm supposed to get his when they come in but it's not looking too good! I've got a new Stiller TAC 300 in 7mm Remington Magnum being put together by Mike Bryant and I might be needing those rings soon. He ordered them because of all my bragging about how wonderful they are!

harleyxjguy

Laporte you can check I am interested but need 30mm med.

As a aside I have a good buddy from a few years back named Chuck Laporte from Michigan. Any chance you are him?

Basic Member

No more 30mm's. Not the same guy
    laportecharlie

Basic Member

Just got a reply back from Burris Customer Service. They will be filling in backorders by the end of January and should be readily available again by the end of February. I found a seller in England on EBay but the price was a shocker! I think I'll wait!

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by pbcaster45
    Just got a reply back from Burris Customer Service. They will be filling in backorders by the end of January and should be readily available again by the end of February. I found a seller in England on EBay but the price was a shocker! I think I'll wait!
    Burris told me they were supposed to start shipping them by mid January,but who knows!

I'm stll waiting on some 30mm mediums.

r29l20

I have a pair of med silvers, if anyone is intrested.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by r29l20
    I have a pair of med silvers, if anyone is intrested.
    Are those 30mm? If so I am interested.

r29l20

1 inch.

r29l20

I found 3 pairs of black 1" Z rings today, 1 pair of high 35.95, and 2 pairs of med 39.95. PM me if you want the phone number to the store, they will ship them to you. :)

ajlandis

Got sick of waiting on my 30mm sig zees to show up. Went with a pair of Burris extreme rings. Very happy. Massive, solid, well built and light.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ajlandis
    Got sick of waiting on my 30mm sig zees to show up. Went with a pair of Burris extreme rings. Very happy. Massive, solid, well built and light.
    I had a set of Burris Extreme rings. To say they left ring marks was an understandment. If you not swapping the scope around it doesn't matter. Tim

If they left ring marks you either mounted them incorrectly, or the mounting was not aligned (which should have been part of the mounting process - still a installation problem). Of the 3 XTRs I've owned and installed, NONE were a problem nor did they leave any hint of ring mark.
    .22LR * 6.5x47 Lapua * .223 Rem * .308 Win * 260 Rem * Large Cojones!
    [I]"I can prove anything by statistics except the truth."[/I]

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by tiny68
    Quote Originally Posted by ajlandis
    I had a set of Burris Extreme rings. To say they left ring marks was an understandment. If you not swapping the scope around it doesn't matter. Tim
    Maybe you got the standard (non-signature) rings without the inserts. I have never had a set of Signature Zees leave a mark on any of my scopes.

Basic Member

The Burris Extreme rings they are refering to are not Signature rings and don't have the inserts.
    Charlie
    laportecharlie

Quote Originally Posted by laportecharlie
    The Burris Extreme rings they are refering to are not Signature rings and don't have the inserts.
    Charlie
    This is correct.

However, I have three sets of XTR's. I love them. Much better than the Weaver tactical rings. A LIGHT lapping prior to mounting should remove any irregularities, but I did not even feel the need to do this with mine.

The reason I went with these is, that my goal is to have a set on every scope I own, so that scope swapping no longer involves removing it from the rings (and scratching it up), but merely backing off the two 1/2" nuts on the bases, swapping, and retightening. Less than a minute and no damage to the scope. Btw, those 1/2" mounting bolts are SOLID on the Burris rings. The Weaver tactical rings also use 1/2" nuts, but on a 1/8" stud!!?!! I expect these to strip very quickly.

ajlandis

I did lap the x-treme rings. I consider that an essential step to any install that don't use signatures. There was a lot of material removed to get everything even. Ideally, they would've lapped evenly from the first moment, but since it's a process I do anyway, I didn't give it much thought. I bet they would've chewed on the scope quite a bit without lapping. Stilll very happy.