Thread: Pictures Of M BRJ With Peep Sites Added

dksac2

Pictures Of M BRJ With Peep Sites Added

Here are some pictures of my BRJ with peep sites added.
    I just drilled the side of the receiver for the peep site mount, put a williams peep site on it and got the clamp on globe system from Brownells.

Those who have not shot peep sites are really missing out, it adds a whole new aspect to your shooting. The target at the end was shot at 25 yards with the peeps, they are quite accurate with just a little practice.
    The rear peep can be removed in seconds and the scope put back on with QD rings, so it takes no time to switch, the front site is just left on the rifle. Get the tall delux rear peep and the shortest globe mount available to screw onto the barrel clamp for the right height. I positioned the peep sight mount even with the rear of the receiver to get the maximum amount of distance between the front and rear peep and globe. A small amount of wood needs to be cut from the stock for the mount to fit, very little really.
    It's the ideal way to teach children to shoot before introducing them to scopes.
    The rifle was bedded, the bore soft lapped, the trigger re worked, no shims, just perfect honing and re worked springs and the Muzzle re cut.
    Head space and firing pin protrusion set. This rifle shoots like it has eyes.

The scope is a Millet 4 X 16 X 56 AO. They usually sell for close to $400.00 Natchez Shooters Supply has a close out on them, fine hair retical with 1/8" MOA dot for $139.95, best deal going, they are a great scope. I also got a 10 X Mil Dot Millet for just a little more for my .308 Savage, side focus, sharp and bright, lifetime guarentee, get one while you can, they are the best deal on a mid priced scope you will find.

My best, John K

This is a 5 shot target at 25 Yds, shot with the peeps, tipical of the targets I shoot on my good shooting days. You will find some even tighter if you really do your part. The peeps are really a lot of fun. Got into shooting them when I started collecting older Mossbergs, I seldom use a scope now except for accuracy testing or shots past 50 yds.

The best Target ever shot with my BRJ after having it accurized by my gunsmith, the accu trigger breaks at 4 OZ, no creep, it's perfect. I have only shot one perfect target, this one, 5 shots @ 50 yds, perfect day, no wind, Wolf MT. I have come close, but never another perfect one. The hole measures .222" across. I had multiple people watch me shoot it. I pinch shot it off a bench, Coldwell rock and leather rear bag.
    These Savages can be tac drivers. This rifle will shoot in the .1's and .2's @ 50 when it's a good shooting day and I'm on my game.
    I'm pretty proud of this target, it's framed. I only wish I could do this every time, but it proves to me this rifle can shoot a perfect group. Good ammo, no wind , some skill and luck.

Re: Pictures Of M BRJ With Peep Sites Added

Excellent accuracy! If only my Marlington 925 would shoot as good.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Trent

Get back to the Mossberg forum! Who let you out anyway? ;D

dksac2

I sneek away from time to time. I love my Mossbergs, but the BRJ is such a tac driver, I just can't give it up.
    People pay a lot more money for rifles that shoot as good as my Savage. They don't all shoot as good as mine, but I enjoy having a low priced tac driver. When you get a really good one, they are a lot of fun. The average shooting ones will do well under 1/2" @ 50 yds with no problem.

My Best, John K

Digi2496

Nice group & nice Peep sight accesory !!!

Aircraftmech76

I'm looking for a front sight base just like that to mount my Williams front globe sight. Where did you get it?

Thanks,

Kevin

Basic Member

Great looking rig. Thanks for sharing it with us. What ammo are you feeding it?

Ken