Thread: Stevens model hole spacing

carpet1

Stevens model hole spacing

What is the action bolt spacing on the model 20. Is the long action same as short action?

82boy

Re: Stevens model hole spacing

Quote Originally Posted by carpet1
    What is the action bolt spacing on the model 20. Is the long action same as short action?
    Whats a model 20? If you mean a 200 they come in both long and short actions, and they was made before and after the magazine change so they could be one of three different bolt spacings. (Just like the savage guns.)

stangfish

No. All long actions are the same 5.06 with different mag box dimensions(different stocks but adaptable either way). Short actions come in 4.4 center feed and 4.27 stagger feed depending on Manufacture date and not interchangable without some effort.

carpet1

I meant model 200. didn't hit enough numbers. I am looking at a new 25-06, to make into a f class rifle. New barrel, stock, trigger. I am leaning toward a 6.5 swede which would need a long action. But I need to buy a stock that would work in the long action

I meant model 200. didn't hit enough numbers. I am looking at a new 25-06, to make into a f class rifle. New barrel, stock, trigger. I am leaning toward a 6.5 swede which would need a long action. But I need to buy a stock that would work in the long action
    Plenty of long action stocks available...........for the older staggerfeed but not a lot for the centerfeed. You can always go the detachable mag route or, the easiest is go with a single shot follower from Sharp Shooter Supply, it fits into the magazine cutout and is held by friction or you can attach it using a little epoxy for strength.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67