Thread: Hinged floor plate to blind magazine conversion

Hinged floor plate to blind magazine conversion

Doing a 338-06 build on a 110 LA with a hinged floor plate. I'm running in to some challenges with finding a composite stock. Checked Stocky's but only one that works is a Manners MCS-SL stock. Great stock but would like to keep costs under control. Big fan of B&C Medalists and Duramaxx stocks, but both only work for blind magazine configurations.

See a number of posts on going from blind to hinged setups but how difficult it is to go the other way (hinged to blind)?

Any other good composite options that support hinged floor plates? Prefer composite to reduce weight and would like a stock with either an aluminum bedding block or pillars.

Team Savage

Re: Hinged floor plate to blind magazine conversion

Simply take the magazine box and follower off your HFP and you can use in a blind magazine stock.

If you are willing to wait 16+ weeks, I beleive Stockade Gunstocks can make a LA, CF composite stock for the Savage HFP/DBM assembly. The money saver option won't break the bank if you want to do the final finishing and paint work. Houge just released a rubber overmolded Savage CF stock for the the HFP, or DBM assembly. I see Midway has them available in a LA version. The Bell and Carlson Carblite Classic is another composite stock option if you don't want to wait on a Stockade and can live with the DBM. But for a 338-06 thumper, I'd go with the Stockade option. I think you'll find the finish product well worth the wait.

JP: Appreciate the info. I didn't think the conversion would be difficult but wasn't sure.

I'll reach out to Stockade. Like what I see and the price of the completed stock is still a couple hundred less than the Manners. Hogue's website did list stocks that work with the HFP in a long action. Ones with pillars are available now and full bed block available this summer (but can pre-order).

Sammichman

I,m looking to Dump my Cammo Stock and go with wood ,,I,m also looking to go from the internal magazine and change over to an Internal Mag and Hinged Floor Plate I have a Short actin in 243 Win

rusty815

You can't go wrong with stockade, in my opinion the best stock maker for Savage rifles when it comes to features, quality and price. Talk to Kevin Rayhill, the owner, he can configure the stock however you like.