Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the classified section on this forum

salty_jenkins

Where is the classified section on this forum

There is another member trying to show me a rifle and I can't find the classifieds. Thanks

Basic Member

Re: Where is the classified section on this forum

YOU HAVE TO BE A PAID MEMBER TO VIEW THE CASSIFIEDS ON THIS FORUM .. i DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DO THAT HERE .....BUT ITS LIKE NO OTHER HERE...

salty_jenkins

Thanks!!

ctrout

It's worth it! $12 a year has saved me $100s maybe $1000s. I'm serious. Not through direct purchases necessarily, but by saving me from having to buy new, pay gunsmiths, etc.

Galveston22

Go to Profile --> Paid subscriptions

jimmy2u
    There are not enough members and to many rules on this savage forum to PAY just to see or do anything.... I am so sad.......... just my 2$ Is there another one out there? please help need some savage 110 parts... Im really disappoited.... I just wasted my morning trying to see the classified forum and got NOTHING! have a nice day.

Your looking at it all wrong, you can count on one hand and then subtract a couple of fingers, for they amount of members that have gotten a raw deal or screwed, out of there hard earned money, try that on another gun forum scammers won't pay either, if you are going to be doing any builds in the future, you are going to be missing out on some great opportunity's, and even the regular stuff brass dies ect no price gouging here, not for nothing the less members, the less competition for the good deals.

Tanks Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

jimmy2u
    thanks for the response. i am just cheap and did look at it another way. i do agree with your keeping the scammers away. I will try this and join your forum. very nicely said. I am happy again. :) have a nice day

You won't have to spend a couple hundred, on a custom barrel to recoup that $12.00, I did it on my very first purchase, a new set of dies $20.00 shipped, I was almost suspicious in the beginning the deals were so good, there not all like that but once in a while, a killer deal comes around, and even the regular stuff is better than you can do else where.

Tanks Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

jimmy2u
    i gotta go, but real quick, how many members are there? and how old is this forum? any where i could look later today. please fill me in...thank you.

The stats say 15,000 total active 3000 and 8 years give or take.

Dean

Basic Member
    this is one of the best forums around.I have learned a lot and found some great deals on here.I also learned how rusty I am at typing,I can't type as fast as I think.Haha

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy2u View Post
    There are not enough members and to many rules on this savage forum to PAY just to see or do anything.... I am so sad.......... just my 2$ Is there another one out there? please help need some savage 110 parts... Im really disappoited.... I just wasted my morning trying to see the classified forum and got NOTHING! have a nice day.
    Quote Originally Posted by scope eye View Post
    Your looking at it all wrong, you can count on one hand and then subtract a couple of fingers, for they amount of members that have gotten a raw deal or screwed, out of there hard earned money, try that on another gun forum scammers won't pay either, if you are going to be doing any builds in the future, you are going to be missing out on some great opportunity's, and even the regular stuff brass dies ect no price gouging here, not for nothing the less members, the less competition for the good deals.

Tanks Dean

While Dean makes more than an excellent case, I'd add that this forum is not for everyone. In my view (and obviously NOT the view of this forum or it's ownership), I'm very happy that some folks will look at the membership fee (which is annual) and decide to NOT pay it. I like the fact that the membership seperates the serious from the rest. Its nice to know that the folks you are dealing with are Savage enthusiasts and not just some schmoe who might be misrepresenting or otherwise "scaming" the real Savage community here.

So for all of you who would complain about the membership... please go somewhere else to complain and make your "home". I am not going to cry over your loss....

PS - that wasn't meant to be interprited to be mean-spirited. You should take it as a well-meaning and serious outlook on why membership here is more than just a fee.
    .22LR * 6.5x47 Lapua * .223 Rem * .308 Win * 260 Rem * Large Cojones!
    [I]"I can prove anything by statistics except the truth."[/I]

stangfish
    The reality is that this forum is known to have the best selection of parts available. That has drawn the resellers as much as the builders and users. I see a lot of stuff purchased here and sold elswhere. If you need parts, posting a WTB XXXxxx on any gun classifieds section is the way to go.

jimmy2u
    thank you members!....from the responses, this savage forum sounds very informative. keep the brotherhood going! I would like to hear more reasons and benefits to join. all my rifles are savage. I may have found the place to share my interests.

thomae
    Welcome to the forum, however, I wonder if this forum is really for you.

You joined, resurrected a thread from 2009, and your first post is one saying how bad the forum is. You have not made a great first impression.

I don't think that anyone is going to spend much time trying to convince you to join, although several of our more respected members have responded to your posts very politely and sincerely.

My suggestion is that you click on the "membership info" at the top of the page for additional information on what joining gets you. Read all the various FAQs.

I also suggest you simply hang out, read the posts and lurk in the forums that interest you and if you feel like it, ask some questions about your rifles and see what kind of responses and answers you get.
    Then, if you wish, join for a year for less than the cost of a few coffees at Starbuck's. If it is not worth it in your opinion, don't renew.

Your call.
    Last edited by thomae; 03-31-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Team Savage
    I've personally lurked on this forum on and off for a few years and recently made a screen name and paid my due's as I'm now ready to start putting the knowledge i've learned on the board into use. There are alot of "tire kickers" out there who want to do alot of things but never do. I myself included. only difference is I keep it to myself and don't ask around untill I know i'm ready to pull the trigger. I may ask questions to gain insight and narrow down choices(theorize basically). to me this forum is more for "tuners" those who enjoy the sport and making something their own, personalize it, ect... if thats not you, i'd say go troll around one of the other forums and kick tires.

stangfish

jimmy2u
    maybe this forum is for me and maybe its not. thats for me to decide. talking and kicking tires is what a forum is anyway. why is it wrong to kick tires on a forum?? Theres also nothing wrong to resurrect a thread that been dead for 8 years either. it was there on the first page of threads anyway, and looked interesting to me. From when was this posted? 2009???? wow, There are probably others that liked the idea that i started a thread again.

stangfish
    Jimmy, You past the test. Your in. Don't make me regret this. Now send in your money so we can buy stuff from you and sell stuff to you.
    We do need to get one thing established. If you're going to resurect threads, get ready for some mud slinging.

Basic Member
    there is no more informative forum than this one.the knowledge is here and the members are willing to share everything they know.it is the best dollar a month you can spend to save a lot of money and learn more about savage rifles and accuracy than you can imagine.

jimmy2u
    Thats the best reply from a NORMAL savage shooters forum member i heard all Day. I'm not a troublemaker. I was just trying to get an answer. Lets do it. thank you so much from your friend JIM.

palerider338
    FWIW....I've probably saved myself at least $500 ( just in mistakes from lack of knowledge) + made some friends with similar interests. Can't really put a price on the latter. Well worth the price of a membership.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy2u View Post
    thank you members!....from the responses, this savage forum sounds very informative. keep the brotherhood going! I would like to hear more reasons and benefits to join. all my rifles are savage. I may have found the place to share my interests.
    ...if you don't get it by now why not just move on somewhere else? It really doesn't seem (to me anyway) that you are a serious Savage enthusiast (otherwise this thread wouldn't have even existed).

Good luck somewhere else.
    .22LR * 6.5x47 Lapua * .223 Rem * .308 Win * 260 Rem * Large Cojones!
    [I]"I can prove anything by statistics except the truth."[/I]

jimmy2u
    . Oh no, someone else that has to be a show off, and must have nothing better to do..... just let it go man. Sorry, i dont need your input. i already have a friend here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast