Thread: Is the much that can be done with a MKII trigger?

andym79

Is the much that can be done with a MKII trigger?

Hi guys I am looking to buy a MKII or a CZ 453! The wallet keeps crying out MKII!

Here in OZ MKII starts at $295 for and F, $500 for a BV, and a CZ453 runs to $900! But there is just one thing putting me off the MKII, the trigger! Not that its an accutrigger, but that it will only go down to 2 1/2lbs pull and secondly there is no creep or overtravel adjustment!

From your experience how crisp is the trigger? Does it over travel far?

What after market triggers are available except the rifle basix, not a whole trigger anyway, for the MKII?

I am also thinking of a Stevens model 300, the rifle basix there claims it can go down to 8OZ , but I cant get a response out of them or anyone if its compatible with the 300 (.22lr)! Rifle basix states it works for a stevens 310 which is the .17hmr version! Now 8 OZ is a nice trigger!

If no suitable triggers are available how much work would it be for a smith to do a trigger job?

thomae

Re: Is the much that can be done with a MKII trigger?

Quick answer: Yes, you can lighten the trigger pull yourself and reduce overtravel to as little as you wish.

Take a look here, and if you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

http://savageshooters.com/SavageForu...c,40724.0.html

Hope this helps.
    All the best,
    Thomae

Quickshot

I put the Basix in my MKll. No hassle. Only problem was with trying to go too light. Bolt would not cock if operated too fast under about 1 1/4 pds. I tried it at 3/4 pd. to start and had to adjust heavier to be consistant. This was not replacing an acutrigger, it was an earlier model. Instructions are easy to follow. Good luck. Quick

Basic Member

On the Accutrigger, clean out all the factory grease and start shortening the spring by cutting out 1/2 coil at a time. You can get it much lighter,and since doing this I do not have any noticeable creep. I have SSS and Rifle Basix triggers on centerfires and with this mod I would say the the Accutrigger is the best. In addition you still have the safety function of the dual-action Accutrigger coupled with the light trigger, so you do not have as much concern balancing light pull vs safety.