Thread: Choate Tactical Stocks

Basic Member

Choate Tactical Stocks

I see I can get a choate tactical stock inletted for dbm. Any ideas on what dbm this will fit?? Factory dbm, cdi, or accurate mags?

Re: Choate Tactical Stocks

CDI w/ aics mag.
    300WSM 26" 1:10 Med. Hvy. Varmit McRee Precision

Basic Member

I've got a short action tactical and the factory dbm fits just perfect. Probably won't keep it much longer though. Didn't really like the weight. Nice stock though.

Basic Member

What are you going to change it to rhino?

Basic Member

Well I'm not really stuck on the DBM. I usually load long and can't use the mag anyway. Probably just do a B&C medalist for now. I've got a couple of them and like them a lot. Shaves a little weight off. Of course I'm thinking about selling the 300WSM that I had floating around so I wouldn't really need to replace it at all. Already moved the 300WSM out of the B&C, took the 260 out of the choate and swapped them. Pretty much decided to just sell the choate and the 300WSM. I like the 300WSM but would rather have it on a long action. Just more options for changes later.

Basic Member

What kind of bottom metal would I need to make this work with Alpha Type II mags. I see that you can load these longer than the AICS mags. I looked on their website it said nothing about them selling bottom metal. Sorry for all the questions but last time I didn't ask enough and ended up with something that wouldn't work.

fullersson

I talked to Chris at Alpha Industries and he said the Alpha 2 mags will run in the same bottom metal as the Alpha 1 mags. The reason you can get more COL out of the Alpha 2 mags is because they aren't lined where as the Alpha 1 mags are lined. The actual size of the mag didn't change just the internal dimensions. He did say that even though you can get more COL out of the type 2 mags if you load you bullets too long then you would have feed issues unless the action's feed ramp was modified. Brian Brown.