Thread: A few Savage questions

beradon

A few Savage questions

Hello Gentlemen & Ladies-Long time lurker and shooter but first time poster. I have several .22s but just ordered my first Savage yesterday - a MKIIBV and I'm going to put a Swift 4 x 12 x 40 on it. I use Burris signature rings w/plastic inserts on all my center fires and I'm going to order a set for this. My question-will med height rings work? Also, I think the rifle comes with 2 small weaver style mounts-are they worth keeping or is there a better option? 98% of the time I'll be shooting it at the 100 yd range in very casual competions.

I've been using a Marlin 880 SQ and its a shooter but pulling the trigger is like pulling on a piece of spaghetti and I can't take the cheesy synthetic stock or mag release anymore. Thanks in advance!

shelbyfan

Re: A few Savage questions

I personally feel the factory Savage mounts blow, they need to be tightened and the screws should be longer, nearly 1/8 longer, and who was the moron at savage who thought using a freak of a thread pattern. I have an aftermarket that I really like. There are a few companies that make better ones, EGW is an example.

Here is mine.

These will be coming on market soon.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=305587

[img width=600 height=450]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/hotrod9mm/Savage/93-Rail-Close.jpg[/img]

JCalhoun

The Savage rimfires are a Lakefield design, not Savage. Savage bought the company several years ago in order to get back into the rimfire market. They are still made in Lakefield, Ontario (Canada).

Wombob

Long time lurker here!

I jumped on the mount as soon as they were posted on Rimfire Technologies web site and it arrived today for less then $4 shipping. All I can say is "WOW"!. Fit and finish are first class all the way.

Thanks for posting the info shelbyfan

beradon

I didn't know Rimfire Tech sold a base with the cutout so I ordered one from EGW. Its similar but doesn't have the ejection port cut out. I'll use it as is but if it effects ejections and such I'll simply mill it out. Won't be more than a 1/2 hour job

JCalhoun

Thanks for the link.

DeadNutz Products also offers a nice 1-piece ring-base combo for Savage rimfires.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

shelbyfan

Just want to say. I got my R/T mount in and it fits amazing. I will take pics when I get my barrel on my rifle. I have a pre accutrigger MK2.