Thread: What do you think of the B&C Medalist?

mugsie

What do you think of the B&C Medalist?

Stockeys has B&C Medalists "on sale", which should fit my rifle. What does everyone think of them (B&C and not Stockeys). Actually, Stockeys too for that matter.

They also have the Hart for sale as well - any comparisons or differences? Looks like Hart needs the pillars bedded in, along with the receiver bedded as well, while the medalist only needs action screws.

What say ye?

bbradford71

Re: What do you think of the B&C Medalist?

I installed the B & C Medalist on my rifle a couple months ago and could not be happier with it, I skim bedded it this past weekend and found that there were no issues doing so. It is a very sturdy stock and fits me well. I ordered mine through Stockeys and everything went smoothly.

The Pickle

I too am looking at picking up a B&C Medalist from Stockys but am a little concerned with putting a center feed magazine in it. Some fellas here stated that its an easy fix but I am a rookie at this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pickle
    I too am looking at picking up a B&C Medalist from Stockys but am a little concerned with putting a center feed magazine in it. Some fellas here stated that its an easy fix but I am a rookie at this.
    I've got two A2 Medalists, one CF and one SF with CDI DBM...and I'm very happy with them. Putting a blind mag into the centerfeed stock is a piece of cake. If you have a DBM...well, I dunno.

I can highly recommend Red Hawk Rifles for your A2 Medalist needs...great prices (better than Stocky's sale) and very responsive.
    http://www.redhawkrifles.com/product...tacticalstocks

okey

I have 2 of them and like them. I have ground down, built up, filled up with lead and painted. Wasn't anything wrong with them to begin with. Just enjoy the long hours spent turning a 200.00 stock into a 50.00 one. ;D

Heck, id give you $75 for that stock....LOL I like the looks of it all painted up.

As for the Medalist, I have had atleast 6 or 7 of them over the past few years and i feel they are about the best out of the box rifle stock that you can get for around $200. Very comfortable and very solid.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood