First off my 338 edge kicks less than the 22-250 (no exaggeration) and it ran great with the light scope after switching to the heavy scope I ran in to issues...... I had to abandon signature rings and the base constantly coming loose so I switched to a DNZ similar to the one that had held the light scope but accommodating a 20moa cant and 30mm tube. That did not hold it so I added powdered resin which did not hold it......... epoxy bedded base to receiver and went back to signatures this time with resin and it did not hold it. OK now I am done screwing around so I got not one but two sets of leupolds and to my horror they where different heights despite being "identical parts"........... I lapped one of the rings down to match the other pair and installed the three rings with resin................................... held for a while but still slipped and right at the beginning of hunting season. OK now I have $hundreds$ in the dam mounts...........I do just so happen to have two matching sets of weaver 6-hole tactical rings, I have a lapping bar some jb weld and/or devcon steel putty......I think I actually have a reverse recoil impulse and unless some one has a better Idea I am going to have scope rings bonded to a scope real soon. Any suggestions? Thanks...........Duke