Thread: New guy with a pair of FCP-K's

PBinWA

New guy with a pair of FCP-K's

Thought I would show my new toys. After my first day at the range, I can say that they shoot better than I do. I won't be posting any pictures of targets 'cause I'm not that good . . .. yet. ;D

They are a 10FCP-K in .223 and a 110FCP-K in .300

Scopes are Burris FulfieldII.

[img width=600 height=450]http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad343/PBinWA/Image00001.jpg[/img]
    [img width=600 height=450]http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad343/PBinWA/Image00002.jpg[/img]
    [img width=600 height=450]http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad343/PBinWA/Image00003-1.jpg[/img]

I seemed to have trouble with the .223 and that the trigger would lock and I would have to raise and lower the bolt a few times to get it to unlock. From what I can tell this may be from me putting side pressure on the trigger or the Accu-trigger being set too low.

I was shooting some off-the-shelf ammo to make fire formed brass (because I had it). The Remington UMC cheapo stuff was not so great in the accuracy department (not surprising). The Hornady VMax 55 Gr. ammo was very good. It was fun to see the scope adjustments showing up linearly on the paper.

Unfortunately, in all my new toy excitement it looks like I forgot to loctite my scope bases on the .300 and they shook loose after ten rounds. Otherwise, it was doing pretty good. Fortunately, I was just using off-shelf ammo to make some fire formed brass so I didn't waste any good ammo.

Any tips, tricks, or suggestions appreciated. I'm not sure when I'll get to the range again but hopefully sometime in the next few weeks. This time with some nice hand loads.

deviant

Re: New guy with a pair of FCP-K's

ah ha just person I have a question for.. LOL. Is that fcp-k In 300win mag. a 24 inch barrel then the muzzle brake or is it 24 inch over all??

PBinWA

From the edge of the barrel nut to the end of the muzzle brake it is 24 1/8 inches. Hope that answers your question.

deviant

Is that the edge closest to the reciever or the edge closer the the muzzle?

PBinWA

Edge closest to the muzzle.

deviant

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I will be ordering one as soon as I get a chance. Thanks again..

PBinWA

No problem. The 10 FCP's seem much more common than the 110's. I had to get my 110 off of GunBroker.

USA

Please keep us updated on the 300 win mag. I'm very interested in buying one and would really like a range report.

Dadams

what part of WA are you in?

PBinWA

I'm in the SW Corner of the state. Work is getting hectic now so I may not get the range for a few weeks.

Got my brass cleaned and ready. I kind of want to wait for some Varget I have back ordered to show up but have some H1000 that I can use.

Just need more time.