Thread: 116 fhvss information

azplott

116 fhvss information

I am on the market for a 116 fhss in .300 win mag so i was calling around to see who had one in stock. Cabelas didn't have one but they did have a 116 fhvss in .300 win mag and I was wanting to find out more. The information i could find was very limited even on this site. It wasn't listed on the savage arms website. So far i know that its probaly a limited run for Cabelas and it has a medium heavy fluted barrel. Past that I can't seem to find any info. I really want to know what the gun weighs with the medium heavy fluted barrel as this will probaly be the determining factor on if i buy it or not. Does any body have one? What do you think about it? Is it much heavier than the standard barrel 116?

Thanks,
    Trevor

D.ID

Re: 116 fhvss information

I do not have that exact model but I do have a 116bgh which has a medium heavy fluted barrel and originally came with a synthetic stock and weighed about 9lbs which was perfect for the 338win chambering but I rechambered to 338 edge and put it in the choate tactical stock with a 4200 elite tactical, harris bipod and wide leather sling it now weighs 13lbs.........I really like the barrel weight on this rifle, very rigid and well balanced in either stock with out being to heavy ( it is still handy).........My opinion and of course you milage may vary................ Good Luck

stangfish

I wonder if it has a Low profile varmit style stock on it?

azplott

Thanks for the replies. I am still trying to figure out the details on this gun. I plan on calling savage monday. I called cabelas and asked the guys at the gun counter if they would weigh the gun for me. They were less than excited over that and wouldnt do it. I will post back when i figure more out.