Thread: Jump on this with both feet!!

seanhagerty

Jump on this with both feet!!

A Millett LRS for less than $220

Click Here

hawkeye10

Re: Jump on this with both feet!!

Sounds like a good price but they won't sell to us in Tennessee. I guess they think they are the only place to buy from. Don

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye10
    Sounds like a good price but they won't sell to us in Tennessee. I guess they think they are the only place to buy from. Don
    They won't sell to Georgia residents either.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member

How does a millet hold up just curious is it comparable to the bushnell line?? Thanks
    couple of savages

Basic Member

i have been looking for a scope for my savage 16 in 308 with an heavy 24" barrel and wondering if this might be okay for it. i plan on shooting 4-600 yards while p-dogging and wondering if this might be too much scope for me. what's the quality like on these? i don't have a clue. any help would be appreciated.
    thank you!
    Holy Crap!!

why wouldnt they sell to tennesee and georgia? that doesnt make any sense. a sale is a sale right?

Trent

The Millett scopes get pretty bad reviews from what I've found during my research on them. I'm staying away.

Basic Member

It is my understanding that in addition to their internet and telephone retail business, they are wholesalers to lots of local businesses in Tennessee and Georgia. They would greatly offend their local retailers if they sold locally at their low wholesale prices.

I don't have a lot of Millet scopes, but the ones I do have are OK.

Basic Member

Hammer "ok" as in barska with little locks on the turrets or "ok" as in bottom of the barrel leupold ? Bushnell 10x 3200 for a lil less money which do you pick?
    couple of savages

seanhagerty

I have both the bushnell 10X and the millet LRS.

Bushnell for 300 yds or less, the millett for long range stuff.

Basic Member

Bushnell for 300 yds or less, the millett for long range stuff.

Sounds about right.

But I do like to shoot all my prairie dogs under fifty yards.

A 75-grain Hornady VMAX from a 257 Weatherby does pretty good on the bulls at that distance.

As long as you have a 30+ inch barrel.

thanks hammer i didnt know that! i ordered some bushnell elite from them last spring and i was very happy with them. they seem to have the best deals on scopes with their closeouts

chakup

There's a $20 black friday coupon as well. At least it covers the ridiculous shipping.

Basic Member

I have two of the buck gold 6-25 with AO that they had on closeout about 2 yrs ago, right before they came out with the side focus. I mentioned in another thread, that I think they are a good buy at about the $200 mark. They have both tracked well and are clear enough to spot 6.5mm holes at 300yds. I have one on a .308 AR10 and the other on a .338 federal (usually on a 6.5 grendel).

However, the Millett customer service I had to deal with when I bought a picatinny rail from them with the wrong screws was less than favorable... I bought a rail from midway and they sent it with #6 screws instead of the #8-48 (?) that a savage needs. Millett didn't want anything to do with me. Midway would have made it right if I paid to ship it back, so I just ordered a bag of screws... Millett is owned by Bushnell, for those of you who didn't know.

Basic Member

Place- had no idea bushnell owned millett I'm sure their glass is decient then and if they are repeatable then that's a plus my problem is customer service If and when something goes wrong and it will gotta have customer service
    couple of savages

Trent

I looked through one of these today and I'll be honest... I wasn't very impressed. Maybe I am spoiled by Leupold glass but I don't think I could get myself to buy one of these even at $220. The glass just wasn't very clear. Combine that with the terrible reviews and I am going to pass. The fellow competitor that let me look through his was pretty bummed when I told him that he paid nearly double this sale price.

Basic Member

I'll be honest I have bought just a few mid-grade scopes and it was before joining some of these forums and if you don't know where to look it's very easy to over pay for something and optics are one of the worst. The first scope I ever bought was an optronics 6-24-40 a/o and paid $299.99 for it yea I didn't know any better it's a $40 dollar scope it held true until I got one of my 4200's in the same power range but I love this forum for that reason if someone else has it they will give you an honest opinion. And I agree with all the bad reviews and lack of customer service I'm gonna pass aswell.
    couple of savages

janizary

For better or worse, I just picked one up. I've had nothing but good luck with the 4 Millet TRS scopes I currently own and I know the potential risks.