Savage is a popular rifle. It shoots as well as and in a lot of cases, better than it's competition, right out of the box. Do a little work on bedding the actions, and it's a world class rifle. Additionally, Savages are easy to work on, the barrel nut makes us nuts behind the trigger very happy, giving us the ability to swap barrels virtually at will. All this is great, however there seems to be a dirth of Savage stocks available.

Sure, I can get Stockys, or Boyds, McMillan, B&C etc, but the vast majority are for blind magazines. Savage is moving towards DBM's, and so they should because of the future options we'll have in modifying still one more item. It doesn't seem as though the manufacturers are accomidating us in options for DBM's. Unless one converts to an internal box, the selections are limited.

I realize that with enough money, I can have any manufacturer make any configuration, but I shouldn't have to. For instance, Boyds offers some excellent laminate stocks. I would match them up against a "high end" stock any day. Yet they don't offer a wide range of models in DBM. Why is that? Other than contacting the various manufacturers, and speaking with them about these offerings, which I have done, why the limited selection?

Any ideas what we as users can do to become effective in having more options put on the table?