Hello,
Below are some pictures of my project short action savage. I ordered a Richards microfit stock for it, and am fitting it for the factory detachable box set up. I don't have the original plastic stock that came with the rifle, but I should have taken some measurements first.

When I had it, I saw that the plastic stock had embedded pillars in it. I am making new pillars for this stock, and would need to (not quite) match the size of the original length of pillars to get the DBM to fit and feed properly.

One thing I did notice with the tupperware stock, was that the pillars in it did seem to be slightly below the contour of the underside of the action, so I think if measured, it would have to take this into account to eliminate the length shortage. The pillars should be long enough to solidly contact the underside of the action, I don't know why they would be a fraction below where they should be.

I have some aluminum tubes from a gunsmith I will cut to make the pillars.

If anyone has done this and has the measurements, or can measure this, can you advise me of the length? No rush either, this is a longer term project for me.

Thanks, Brian

These are the areas I would need to determine the pillar length, in red.

Tac driver stock from Richards.