Rifle in question is a pre-Accutrigger Savage 110 long action .308 Winchester which I bought new about 12 years ago. Last week at the range a round failed to go off on the first strike, I waited a while to make sure it wasn't a hangfire, then ejected - the primer had a reasonable dent. I tried it again, it fired and the bullet landed where it should, the rifle fired several more rounds without issue.

Here's the history, this is the third time over the years and several hundred rounds that I've had this happen. First time the round wouldn't go off after multiple hits, I put it off as a bad primer, stuff happens; no more problems for a few years. Second time it went off on the second hit, I began paying very close attention to how well the primers were seated and that the pocket was clean; no more problems for a few years. Now this.

All of the rounds which misfired were reloaded with CCI BR2 primers, the rumor has always been that CCI uses a thicker or harder cup but I don't know that this is correct, regardless I think the rifle should function with any round.

I dismantled the bolt to look for burrs,crud, etc, the only thing I found was a bit of grit but really not much. I've cleaned it all up.

What else should I do? I see that Wolff makes extra power springs, should I change mine out?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.