Thread: ..243 Sie. 85gr HPBT GameKing...#1530..

1Shot

..243 Sie. 85gr HPBT GameKing...#1530..

..I've tried these for 2-seasons on deer...I'm impressed on how they do...Even though I'm a diehard Nosler man..I heard alot of people talking about them so I thought I'ld give them a try..Needless to say, I'ld recommend them to anybody looking for a reasonably priced deer bullet. Have to try them on yotes sometime soon... ...

That1guy

Re: ..243 Sie. 85gr HPBT GameKing...#1530..

cant... read.. word.s.. distracted.. by.. avatar... ;D

So, how do they do ? Accurate, good expansion, what do you like about them?

Hunted Coues deer in the Chiricahua Mountains of Arizona for years with a 243. The Sierra 85g HPBT with H4831 was extremely effective. Never had a deer get up or run away. Granted, they are not large deer but the damage the bullet did would have done the same on any deer. They were very accurate in the M77 Ruger rifle I had at the time. The penetrate, expand and come apart....that is why they kill so well.

1Shot

Quote Originally Posted by That1guy

So, how do they do ? Accurate, good expansion, what do you like about them?
    ..They are accurate..I'm running them at 43grs. of H4350 at the moment..I just haven't had the time to turn them into hole drillers...lol...Good expansion on broad side rib shot...Exit hole about the size of a 50 cent piece in the hide...No problem finding blood trail... ..I DRT'd 1 this past weekend with a high forward front shoulder shot...Went through ribs, spine & out the other rib cage. Left a quarter size exit hole in the hide..I like expansion & they fit the bill for half the price of the Nosler BT's...This gun get's loaned to family members once in awhile. So I wanted something that was effective on a budget...Didn't want them shooting up my Noslers...lol..

Basic Member

I decided to hunt with them this season. Simply because they shot about 1/2 MOA out of my stock Winchester. I shot a young buck Friday evening with them. Just a lung shot. He ran about 30 yards and expired. Not much blood but went through a rib and busted another rib on the opposite side. Recovered the deer after a short search. What really impressed me about them is after hunting I've been coming up on Crows in the field and been busting them at over 100 yards. I recommend them!

We have used them in several 243's for years. I have seen a pile of deer killed with it and groundhogs also crows. Right now I have 2 243s one is used for target and I am using 65gr V-Max but I may try the old standby in it. I have seen a couple of deer that were hit in the shoulder and what a mess.