Thread: What gives with these bases on my 110S?? Weaver 46 and 61.

Trent

What gives with these bases on my 110S?? Weaver 46 and 61.

I have a model 110S that I am trying to put bases on and I thought I had the right ones but the rear base is considerably higher than the front. My receiver is a "flat-back" type so I went with the Weaver model 46 for the front and a 61 for the rear since that is what I found on this forum and in the Weaver book. I would say that the rear base is about .050" to .060" higher than the front. What gives?

In this photo I have a straight edge laying across the rear base and extending over the front base to give an idea of the gap. Thanks for any ideas

Trent

Re: What gives with these bases on my 110S?? Weaver 46 and 61.

Surprised to see no replies. I know this is a "rare'ish" model but I figured somebody on here would have experience with this situation. I talked to a fellow competitor that is using the 110S for Silhouette and he confirmed that his is also different compared to his standard 110 with flat rear.

I ended up milling 0.027" off the underside of the model 61 rear base to get it in line with the front base. Just wanted to post my results and "fix" in case another shooter finds this post while searching.

Thanks Trent

250Savage

I have a Model 16 Weatherwarrior and had a similar problem.
    Found out that the 16 (with accu-trigger) takes the same Weaver base front and back, and I believe it was the no. 46 base. Only problem after that was I couldn't get scope far enough forward. Went with extended 46. Now it is fair.

Trent

Well, I ended up ordering a set of the Talley lightweight ring/base sets. I need to save weight to get this thing under NRA specs (10lb 2oz). I ordered the standard "pre 2003" rings fully expecting to have to mill off some of the rear base again. Oddly, it fits perfectly. I don't get it. Maybe there is a bad batch of model 61 rear bases out there?? The Weaver brand base was WAY off but the Talley mounts fit perfectly.

Oh well. The Talley rings will work great for me. I'll keep the model 61 rear base that I milled some off just for reference later if I need it.