Thread: Question

DonArkie

Question

new to the forum, Don from Arkansas. Wanting to know if theirs a after-market magazine kit to change from a blind magazine to detachable magazine on a Savage 110E long Action? Heres my Long Range Shooter. Savage Action, 26" Hart #4 Barrel w/ JP Recoil Eliminator, Timney Trigger, Vortex Optic & etc. Chambered in 7mm Mag. Rob Robert Gun Works built the rifle, I've done all the stock work, & metal finish. any suggestion would be great

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...

Re: Question

Use the "search" feature. You'll find a wealth of info on the subject. Also, if you find a kit that works for the long action in the form of a DBM, I'd like the info. I've been looking for a kit for both my LA Savages. I have a .270 & an '06. Have a look on the SharpShooterSupply website. I just saw one there however, it's short action. You can have a look at what we can't have. I also recall reading (on this site)where someone did their own mods to rig up a DBM on a long action.
    Like I said.... Try the Search. It's in there somewhere.
    Good Luck,
    Frank
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

Varget 7-08

Great looking rifle.

DonArkie

thanks, took a year to have built, Rob done a awesome job of filling my needs. When he finish the barreled action, bolt thats when I started my expertize. The metal work finishing & stock finishing.

I thought about DIYing one to see what come of it. Thanks for the guidance in the direction I need to go. yes I check out that web site you suggested. Varget 7-08 thanks for the kind words on the rifle. She shoots as well she looks, dang near a same hole shooter

bbradford71

That stock paint looks SHARP...is that a Boyd Ross FT?

As to your question, CDI and Accurate-Mag both make Savage Long-Action DBMs.

DonArkie

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUP
    That stock paint looks SHARP...is that a Boyd Ross FT?

As to your question, CDI and Accurate-Mag both make Savage Long-Action DBMs.
    yes its a Boyd Ross, most of my rifles have Boyds. It's been bedded & free floated. I really like the Boyds alot.

thanks for the info, I was thinking of making it. But this info will be great.

https://www.tacticalworks.com/Savage-Stocks/

They have kits, with or without stocks; that drop-in.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

DonArkie

talked with the guys at Accurate Mag Co. and they suggested I use their Accurate-Mag Long Action (3.715 inch) Bottom Metal Kit for 338 LM. The feed plate needs to be tweaked to be-able to work correctly for 7mm Rem Mag. Also I would have to add extra metal in the mag well since the stock is a blind magazine.

Man this is great...many thanks guys.

gotcha

I've done business w/ tactical works & they are A-one folks to deal with. They ship out of Denver area. Fast, friendly & efficient

DonArkie

Quote Originally Posted by gotcha
    I've done business w/ tactical works & they are A-one folks to deal with. They ship out of Denver area. Fast, friendly & efficient
    I'll check them out too. Thanks again

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.