Thread: More trigger work on Axis, 10 minutes or less, 2#!

Basic Member

More trigger work on Axis, 10 minutes or less, 2#!

I took an Axis .308 Saturday, worked it over for a buddy of mine. I put in the washer as suggested, took out a lot of slop. I cut 1 and 1/2 coils off the trigger spring, one in the back, strectched to original length. Helped some. I then took the sear, and on the side where it contacts the shelf on the trigger, I polished super smooth on that side with my high speed buffing wheels I use to polish firearms before bluing, 240 and 555 grit compound. Added some Brownells gunslick grease, and put it together, 2# on the nose on my trigger pull gauge. I did not shorten the travel or length of the sear. And all the creep seemed gone, tried all saftey concerns I might have, no problems. Guy shot it the next day, was tickled pink. Just thought I would share, might help someone out. Sam.

DGNY

Re: More trigger work on Axis, 10 minutes or less, 2#!

Sounds good. Could you mention the material/dimensions of the shim/washer you used, please?
    Hardware store item or??

I have a new .223 Axis XP coming in this week, and I am interested in tweaking the trigger safely.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Dyson

DGNY

Would be great to know the shim dimensions used. My .223 came in and store owner said trigger pull was ~8#, which he got down for no cost to me to a creepy 4#+. So looks like a bit more work in order.

Regards,

Dyson

pure havoc

after the much needed trigger job,, spring , polishing and the shims for the side slop it came out on the digital scale at 3.12#. as far as washers for shims the ones I bought were a little to thick and I put them on a sheet of sand paper and sanded them down just enough until it took out the slop and didnt bind , it took less than 5 minutes of sanding and checking to get it to a perfect fit .
    Now I need to get out there and get some rounds ran through this thing , its just been way to windy and rainy here to get it done but with a 4 day weekend things are starting to look good