Thread: coyote kills

coyote kills

has anyone been out lately?

Re: coyote kills

Shot 2 yesterday with a 243.
    1 was mousing , didn't even see me pull up to the edge of the field.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Basic Member

I called in another coyote caller today........hahahahahha that was just to darn funny when I saw this caller squeaking to my interogation/female howls trying to work his way to the "coyote" in this new area I found.
    Spooked him good when I said out loud..."Hold your fire" before he saw me.
    Seems like I found another callers honey hole as I did see three working downwinds, but busted now I know why.
    In all the time I have called alone I have never seen another caller, that is except for meet & greets.

Quote Originally Posted by darkker
    Shot 2 yesterday with a 243.
    1 was mousing , didn't even see me pull up to the edge of the field.
    nice,
    i am going to be going out soon, but am trying to wait until deer season is over so we can take out some night vision i dont know if i am gonna last i may have to go out soon.

Song Dog

Quote Originally Posted by 5spd
    I called in another coyote caller today........hahahahahha that was just to darn funny when I saw this caller squeaking to my interogation/female howls trying to work his way to the "coyote" in this new area I found.
    Seems like I found another callers honey hole as I did see three working downwinds, but busted now I know why.
    In all the time I have called alone I have never seen another caller, that is except for meet & greets.
    Now thats FUNNY! Not in your case but the other guy had to have been startled a bit.

seen four this morning on the way back in to town with no gun dam it

Quote Originally Posted by 5spd

I had a similar thing happen in southern AZ a few years back. I was backed into a bush on a ridge over looking a good spot when these 2 guys came walking up the ridge. I had initially thought to just wait them out and sit, then after they walked by I would wait a few minutes and start up again. But they stopped a few feet from me and started talking at full volume while also sky lining themselves. After a few minutes of them standing there and talking loudly about "not seeing anything", I got fed up and stood up in the bush and said that "maybe they should try some camo, stop walking up the skyline, and stop talking so damn loud, then they MIGHT see something." Needless to say they both about crapped their drawers when I stood up and started talking.

I was a bit irritated, but also got a chuckle from it as I packed up my gear and headed further into the back country.
    12F, McGowen 6.5x284 1-8&quot; twist, Nightforce 12-42x BR<br />BVSS, McGowen barrel, 22-250 1-9&quot; twist, Nikon 6-18x<br />16 FHLSS Weather Warrior, Sinarms 257 Roberts, Pentax 3-9<br />Stevens 200, 223 bone-factory-stock, Nikon 3-9x<br />Scratch-built BVSS, LW 243 1-8&quot; twist, Viper 6.5-20x50 mil-dot

i got my first dog of the season saturday morning. went out and only seen one dog all morning. lots of deer out nice cold morning, but only one dog and shot it at 50-60 yards broadside. my .22-250 shooting 52 grain speer hollow points are nasty they blew a hole the size of a fist out of the dog meat hair and all. i hate to have to tame the load down. i can shoot one hole groups at 100 every time.

anyone here from colorado?
    i am heading down to ft. carson end of the month and hoping to do some predator hunting any pointers would be greatly appreciated

got one yesterday at 305 w my .22-250, while getting permission around my hunting areas

MWalker

I haven't killed one in a couple weeks. Been itching to get out. Here is a video I made of the last one I shot.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIZrm...&feature=g-upl

nice little video

i went out this weekend with my partner and we seen 7 on saturday and only three this morning. we got two and hit one or two more but couldnt find them. i was pretty jacked cause all three calls were done on a new chunk of land i had gotten permission for this last week and it is an awesome looking piece.

here is a pic of the dog i got
    [img width=459 height=768]http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa429/calib77/IMAG0489.jpg[/img]

got another one saturday morning at 304 yards 22 250

Deer Hunting Kentucky Blackpowder season. Things were slow so I turned on the call and had trips show up. Got one. Wish I had my varmint gun with me.

that would be nice to have multiples come in and be ready