Hi guys,

First post here. I'm looking to build a 6.5 Grendel bolt action, and it looks like the 16 FHSS would be a good stainless steel option. I've pasted my post from the Grendel forum below. Any help would be much appreciated:

"Thoughts on starting with a stainless Savage 16 FHSS in .223 here: http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/16FHSS/ and replacing bolt head with a Sharps Shooters Supply part for the PPC, then a Pre Fit Pac-Nor Barrel chambered for "6.5 Grendel Match"? Looks like barrel would run about $415 + install, and bolt head about $75. Seems like a reasonable cost for a nice little low-recoil deer rig in stainless with Accustock, etc.? Thoughts?

One question is, would a Savage 16 action built for .223 likely feed 6.5 Grendel cartridges reliably? I'm looking at the hinged floorplate model probably, because of wanting to build a hunting rig."

Would I be better off going with a DBM version, so I could get mags in 7.62X39 or would .223 mags work? Or would something in the .308 family work better as far as feeding goes with the Grendel?

Thanks!