Thread: Millet 6x25 buck gold any good?

Millet 6x25 buck gold any good?

Anyone have any experience with Millet 6x25 buck gold scopes?
    newbie from gr, mi.

Basic Member

Re: Millet 6x24 buck gold any good?

I don't have any experience with the 6-24, but I do have two of the 6-25 x 56 with AO (not side focus) and 30mm tube. They have been good scopes for me so far, and if you can get them on sale (around $160 on clearance) I think they would be tough to beat for the price. I have one on DPMS LR308 and one on a .308 savage target right now. I'm not sure how they would hold up to extreme recoil on big magnums.

Re: Millet 6x25 buck gold any good?

ops 6x25
    I am going to use it on 223 or 308
    thanks,
    newbie from gr, mi.

janizary

Natchez is having a sale on the 6-25x56 BGs right now. $179 for the duplex, $189 for fine cross hair, $189 mildot.

Basic Member

I just spotted these on sale& wouldn't ind upgrading the scope on my 110fp, but I don't want to buy poor quality glass if I can help it.
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

janizary

One the TBone scale the Millet ranks about the same as Bushnell Elite 3200, Leupold VX-II, Nikko Stirling, Nikon Buckmaster, Sightron SI & SII, Vortex Crossfire & Diamondback, Super Sniper Fixed

From Opticstalk.com - Not my opinion and I make no claims. But a listed trusted by some given the source of the ratings. So take it or leave it as you will. 2009 scale listed, as I can't find the 2010 scale (not sure if it was updated)

2009 Riflescope Rating Scale

• - Leica ER, Swarovski Z6, Zeiss Victory
      - Kahles C - CL & CSX, Premier Reticle, Schmidt & Bender
      - Kahles KX, U.S. Optics, Swarovski PH & American Lightweight
      - Bushnell Elite 6500, Leupold VX-7, Nightforce NXS, IOR Valdada, Vortex Razor
      - Bushnell Elite 4200, Leupold VX-3, Nikon Monarch & Monarch X, Zeiss Conquest
      - Leupold Mark 4 VX III & VX-L, Meopta, Nikon Monarch Gold & Titanium, Sightron SIII & S2 Big Sky, Vortex Viper
      - Burris Black Diamond Signature Select XTR & Euro Diamond, Pentax Lightseeker, Trijicon Accupoint, Weaver Grand Slam
      - Bushnell Elite 3200, Leupold VX-II, Millet Tactical/Buck Gold, Nikko Stirling, Nikon Buckmaster, Sightron SI & SII, Vortex Crossfire & Diamondback, Super Sniper Fixed
      - Burris Fullfield II & Timberline, Leupold Rifleman & VX-I, Leatherwood, Mueller, Nikon ProStaff, Simmons
      - Barska, Sightmark, Swift, Truglo
      - BSA, Tasco, Yukon
      - ATN, Leapers, NcStar

http://www.opticstalk.com/topic16515.html

My own experience is purely anecdotal, so take it as you may. I own both an Elite 3200 Tactical 10x40 as well as 4 Millett scopes (2 TRS-1 and 2 TRS-2). Weight aside, my Millets are (subjectively mind you) more clear and bright than my Elite 3200 (I still like my Elite, don't get me wrong). If weight is a factor, the Millets are HEAVY. Tactile use of the adjustments on both are about the same, with a big plus to the side focus on the Millets. Box tests on my Millets have been very good as well, matching up with what I expected reading the old review on snipershide. One of the TRS-2 that I own has been through two rifles now (both .308) and has had no issues in many hundreds of rounds. Again, anecdotal, based purely on my own experience, YMMV. Also, I do not own, nor have I ever owned a Buck Gold. They were rated one rank lower in the 2007 and 2008 scales (if I remember correctly), but were ranked equal to the TRS series for the 2009 scale. At that price, however, I may pick one up just to check it out.

Basic Member

I own the 6-25X56 buck gold side focus rifle scope. The clarity is pretty good for a ~$400 scope. It does stand up to recoil. I sighted my custom 308 in about 2 years ago, and haven't had a problem with the scope returning to zero. I'm satisfied with the scopes, they are durable, dependable, and clear.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

I have one one on my LRP. Really like the SF,very clear and the SF matches the yardage. Rifle shooting in the 2's @ 200 yds.
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?