Thread: LH Boyd's Stocks

Lefty'06

LH Boyd's Stocks

What are the chances of getting Boyd's to make a few stocks for LH bolt 110s? Is anyone else interested in this? What if they just didn't cut out for the bolt on the right side? Would that work otherwise? I have requested 3 times for a true left hand action and I always get the same " thanks for your request..." Just wondered if I'm the first to ask about this.

Werewolf
    You are not the first, believe me. They won't do it unless they believe there is a big enough market to offset the trouble and expense of resetting their machines for a special run.

Lefty'06
    All I want is a stock without a bolt handle cut out. I would think that wouldn't require a ton of change unless the bolt cutout is the first the cnc is programmed to do. Frustrating, do u know anything of the quality of stocks found on rifle-stocks.com? I'd rather spend my money with someone tied to this site though.

thomae
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...left&catid=484

Try this link. Although they are not advertised as Boyd's stocks, I am sure that at least some of them are.
    Maybe there is something there you can use.
    Cheers,

Lefty'06
    Thanks for the heads up Thomae. I'll see what I can come up with.

I had never noticed that boyds only did right bolt guns. That seems......stupid......BUT:

it will take some finish work, but richards microfit will do a lefty savage laminate. Also, er shaw gives you the option of a left hand laminate stock from boyds on their mk vii rifle. Perhaps you could get one from them? then you get into custom stocks, I'm sure there are plenty, but I've spoken with macon gunstocks and sharp shooters supply and they seemed like good people. Not particularly cheap though. I'm sure there are other options.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty'06 View Post
    All I want is a stock without a bolt handle cut out. I would think that wouldn't require a ton of change unless the bolt cutout is the first the cnc is programmed to do. Frustrating, do u know anything of the quality of stocks found on rifle-stocks.com? I'd rather spend my money with someone tied to this site though.
    Yes just sell me one without the handle cut I'll buy a couple right now. Why can't someone just walk out onto the factory floor and right before the machine cuts a notch for the handle box it up and send it to me.

helotaxi
    Probably because the entire inlet is cut on a single CNC program

JBARNES
    Boyds will be offering true left hand actions this coming year, so just be patient. I would expect you will be able to order one in around the end of January time frame. They advise to join their mailing list so that you will get an email letting you know they are coming out. Hope this helps!

yay!

Quote Originally Posted by JBARNES View Post
    Boyds will be offering true left hand actions this coming year, so just be patient. I would expect you will be able to order one in around the end of January time frame. They advise to join their mailing list so that you will get an email letting you know they are coming out. Hope this helps!

Werewolf
    Thats good news, I guess enough people requested them to get their attention.

Grott
    Can't wait....It's almost like Christmas.

rusty815
    Quote Originally Posted by JBARNES View Post
    What? I don't believe it! I remember last year calling them about left handed stocks and they told me they didn't have plans, if this is true it is great news! Now I just need another lefty rifle to add a nice laminate stock too when they start making em.

Lefty'06
    I've been asking for a few years now, but these next 45 days are draggin'. Ready for the end of January.

Basic Member
    I've raised hell with Boyds for years. I have a Boyds LH thumbhole stock that I bought through Stocky's several years ago.
    I think I bought the last one they had.All of the LH stocks came unfinished,so you had to finish sand and then finish coat the stock.
    They only came in the sporter version,so I had to enlarge the barrel channel for the Model 12 varmint barrel.

I could understand if Boyds did all of the work by hand,but inletting and shaping on a CNC is as easy as flipping the cad design 180* on the computer.

This is how it came-

This is the finished product-

22-250
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty'06 View Post
    What are the chances of getting Boyd's to make a few stocks for LH bolt 110s? Is anyone else interested in this? What if they just didn't cut out for the bolt on the right side? Would that work otherwise? I have requested 3 times for a true left hand action and I always get the same " thanks for your request..." Just wondered if I'm the first to ask about this.
    I have ask the same question....never get a reply from Boyd's.

Basic Member
    I will be hunting down a lefty with DBM for my 10flcpk 308 later this year.