Thread: New MKII TR in Dick's Digital Desert

janizary

New MKII TR in Dick's Digital Desert

Random acts of firearms purchasing strikes again.

I dropped into Dick's the other week to check out the FVXP sale (the $239 OD green FV stock with fluted BBL and cheap scope...but they were 'out'), I noticed they had a 'new' Dick's version of the TR now in stock. They used to have the Dick's exclusive tan stock, but now had one with the TactiCool stock in Digital Desert. I thought it looked nice, but the price was more than I was looking to pay. As luck would have it, I was passing back through Dick's again Thursday evening and noticed that it was on sale ($399 with generic rings and a generic 3-9x40 scope). So it came home with me to join the other Savages in the gun safe.

Immediately took off the white-box scope and cheap rings, ordered up a new EGW base and Burris XTR rings from joebobs. I'll be putting my 'extra' Millet TRS-2 on it once the base and rings arrive.

About the only dilemma I have at this point is that the Boyd's TactiCool (in black) that I had ordered for my FV-SR arrived and now I am thinking that I might pull the DD stock from the TR and put it on my FV-SR and put the black Boyd's on to the TR in its place. Either way, I'll be making my first Duracoat attempt (Magpul FDE) on the action and BBL of whichever one ends up keeping the DD stock.

shaman

Re: New MKII TR in Dick's Digital Desert

Someone would buy whichever stock you don't use

Basic Member

Re: New MKII TR in Dick's Digital Desert

I really like that camo stock. if you ever decide to sell it, shoot me a p.m.