Thread: Scope Mounts Fr Model 11 FYCAK in 243

BonesD

Scope Mounts Fr Model 11 FYCAK in 243

I have ordered a Model 11 FYCAK in 243 and am having trouble finding info for scope mounts for this rifle. I was looking at Leopold and could not determine which so I called them and they only had one set of 2 piece mounts available for theis rifle and they were of a quick release style. They did have one piece but I am looking for
    the dovetailed front mount with rear windage screws but they don't have them.

Can anyone suggest a few options for me? Please include model numbers if you can.
    Thanks
    Bones

Basic Member

Re: Scope Mounts Fr Model 11 FYCAK in 243

since you just ordered it i take it that it has the accutrigger in which case any mount for a model 10 round back will fit. Lots of folks just haven't figured that out yet.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

Khorban

I think these are the mounts you are looking for: http://leupold.com/hunting-and-shoot...ms/std-mounts/

You can check out their suggestions that will fit your rifle in this pdf: http://leupold.com/_pdfs/BaseFit_RingHght.pdf Earl39 is right -- What fits the model 10 fits your model 11.

I just bought the same mounts for my model 11. Pretty happy with that windage screw.

BonesD

Khorban & Earl, I am guessing this model is not to well know as several places I spoke to had never heard of this configuration. I ordered it for my daughter because it was the only youth model that offered the Accutrigger plus the muzzle break is kind of neat. I was surprised to learn from the tech at Leopold that they only had 1 two piece mount available.
    I did not know if this rifle was a round back either as I am not sure what it means and I have yet to see the rifle.
    Thank you very much as this will greatly expand my choices. Looking at Leopolds charts it loks like the 55741 is what I need
    Savage 10 through 16 Round Receiver/Accutrigger®
    (Right Hand, Short Action, Sporter Barrel), 510, & 516
    STD 10/110 Round Receiver (2-Piece) 55741
    Thanks
    Bones

Khorban

I think the two important things are (1) the model number and (2) whether it has the accu-trigger. That's all my gunsmith needed to know to order and mount for me. Pre-accutrigger had a different shaped barrel.

The Leupold rep said they only had one 2-piece mount, and that seems right based on the .pdf file I linked to earlier. "Round back" just refers to the shape of the barrel where the scope mounts will be (hence the pre- and post-accutrigger models).

Good luck! Post when you get it all tricked out.

Basic Member

Khorban not to be picky but it is the shape of the receiver not the barrel. non-accutrigger has a flat mounting surface on the rear of the receiver while the accutrigger models have a round rear. Both have a round front part of the receiver.
    Bones i just checked and midwayusa has what you are looking for both 1 piece and 2 piece. Just look for savage 10 in the mounts and bases.

Gary
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

BonesD

I just looked up the part number the Leopold guy provided me with yesterday.
    Below is copied from their PDF file.

Savage 110 through 116 (Left Hand, Long Action, Sporter Barrel)
    QR 110 (2-Piece) 52314

As you can see it is way wrong, not long action and its for a left handed shooter. I don't know what that guy was smokin but..............

BonesD

Thanks Gary

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BonesD
    I just looked up the part number the Leopold guy provided me with yesterday.
    Below is copied from their PDF file.

Savage 110 through 116 (Left Hand, Long Action, Sporter Barrel)
    QR 110 (2-Piece) 52314

As you can see it is way wrong, not long action and its for a left handed shooter. I don't know what that guy was smokin but..............
    He really should share.........

Khorban

Quote Originally Posted by earl39
    Khorban not to be picky but it is the shape of the receiver not the barrel. non-accutrigger has a flat mounting surface on the rear of the receiver while the accutrigger models have a round rear. Both have a round front part of the receiver.
    Bones i just checked and midwayusa has what you are looking for both 1 piece and 2 piece. Just look for savage 10 in the mounts and bases.

Gary
    Right . . . the back of my brain knew that, but the typing part must have forgotten. Thanks for the correction.