Thread: Edge/Axis

Ia caller

Edge/Axis

Tell me the good and the bad please. I handled one the other day and it looked appealing. Thanks.

Basic Member

Re: Edge/Axis

shot one today in 243 for a friend, after I got about 20 down the tube she started shooting. Factory stuff today, gonna make some loads for it tonight and really see what it'll do.

jim36

I have the Edge in 30 06. Out of the box, it shot MOA. Alittle trigger work and it is good to go.
    Not the first problem. Quiet pleased with mine.
    Jim <")))><

ptisd335

The bad trigger but you can fix that the good shoots very very well i have a Edge .308

Basic Member

The only bad side is no aftermarket support at the moment. What you see is what you get.
    A good shooting, very funtional firearm.

RWCshooter

The Good: as noted already, out of the box, it makes nice tidy close holes on paper. My Axis in 223 did just that when I first shot it. Minor adjustments to the trigger will lighten it to almost half, average 8 to 4 lbs, YMMV.

The Bad (or Not so Good, why be negative): Almost nil aftermarket parts as of now (we can only hope). Besides a very good drop-in trigger from Rifle Basix, and a one piece scope mount from ECW, that's about it.

Overall, I absolutely love this rifle. It's light, it shoots straight, and the price is very hard to beat...

Happy Hunting...

dacaur

If this is your price range its hard to do better.... I got mine in 308 this spring and took a nice 2 point buck with it last week! As mentiond, the accuracy is as good as amost things out there with any ammo, and downright awesome with the right ammo... Mine shoots sub MOA with federal factory ammo, and with my handloads (165gr Hornady SST, CCI primers, 43.8gr of varget, remington brass) it will put 3 into under a half inch...

andercd

A friend of mine (Thanks Ken) told me about the Savage Axis rifles so I went and bought one in .243 caliber. My wife and I took turns shooting it and couldn't believe how accurate it was out of the box! That set me on track to purchase others in .223 caliber and 30-06 caliber and they shoot just as well. Great rifles for the $$$ (IMHO).

Garpo

Loving my .308. Just got back from the range to sight it in. Very happy with the accuracy. Now an axis in .223 is on my short list.

Get one, you wont regret it.