I hope i am in the right forum.I own the above rifle and have been building some loads for it and have had fantastic results with H4350 and also H4831Sc behind 142SMK's.my question is the incredibly long throat of the savage rifle.i have learned over the years of handloading that you should have at least the bullet dia in the case but my best loads are with .020" jammed in the lands that leave only .125" of bullet in the neck,that is not counting the taper of the boat tail,my question is ,do you think that is enough bearing surface?? i have avg. .187"-.250" groups with this oal but am a bit concerned about so little bullet grip in the case mouth so i seated them an additional .100" giving them a .225" in the neck but my groups have opened up to 1/2". on another note i am disappointed with my velocity as i cannot reach the 2950-3000 fps that his caliber is famous for.i have had good luck with 53.2Grs of H4831Sc but velocity is only 2850 fps. using my CEDII Millenium chronograph and i also have a sweet load of 49.3 grs of H4350 but again only 2800 fps.i am not that impressed with the velocity as i sold a custom built 6.5x47L that put 140 bergers in at 2850 fps and shot .375" all day long.Getting back to my original question is that enough bullet in the case for consistent accuracy?? i was also wondering if i went to a VLD in say 140 gr i would not be in the lands at all given the design of that bullet.i am worried with so little bullet in the neck that runout could be a real issue.. i plan on using this oal for "F" class shooting in the spring