Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sightron Scopes

Grit #1

Sightron Scopes

Does anyone have any experience with Sightron Scopes? I am looking at the 8X32 target dot for 600yd & 1000yd F-class. Would I be better off with the 10x50. What reticles are you all using. I have been using a 24X Leupold w/ 1/4min. dot for 600yd. I would like to move to a varible scope for the option of turning the power down when the conditions go south.
    Best regards,
    Grit

Basic Member

Re: Sightron Scopes

Grit i have both and altho the 10-50 is nice on the few days of the year where the extra power is usable knowing what i know now i would have just got another 8-32. Both of mine have the target dot and i have no problem with them. The 10-50 parallax adjustment is a lot more touchy than the 8-32 but that is the only real difference i have found in them. Adjustments are precise and repeatable and both have more than enough adjustment for most rifles and conditions. I do have 20moa bases on my rifles but believe i could have done without them for the 1000 yard range.

Gary
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

hank440

I shot an F class match on Sunday next to a guy who had the Sightron 10-50x and he said he has never used in on 50 x because it distorts the view too much and the view becomes foggy. He said he usually uses 35x and no more than that

Basic Member

thanks for posting this up grit i was thinking about treating myself with one i currently use a 8x32x 40 elite and was want more magnifacation . now i'm rethinking it .

Basic Member

I use a Nightforce 12-42x NP2DD BR and honestly it takes a perfect day to go much past 32x- has to be overcast, etc. Mirage, etc. makes it tough to go much more than that. There have been a few times where at 1000yds I was able to go a bit more- 35-40x but those are far and few inbetween. A 32x would prob. do all I would ever need to do, but that is just where I ended up, got a good deal on a used one and went w/ it.

Grit #1

Thanks for the info. I believe that Sightron has the most bang for the buck compared to the really exspensive scopes. I have been looking down the tubes of the comparable Leupold, Night Force ect. I don't think that the slight edge they have in brightness warrents the extra cost of them.
    Best regards,
    Grit

Basic Member

Grit I'm sure the 8x32x56 will do very well for you!!! You can't beat that scope I LOVE mine!!!
    Retired sniper. You can run, But you will only die tired!!!

nuclabuyer

I like mine to, I just wish they would add a little better reticle selection

Basic Member

I just got the 6-24x50 LRMOA and it is my best scope yet. I haven't mounted it to my rifle yet but it is clear and the moa reticle is very nice.

Michael C

jgerringtion, I am interested in this same scope. Can you post a pic of it mounted and your thoughts on quality ect? Michael C

Basic Member

I'm still waiting on my stock. just got email that it is being shipped. will get a pic up then. the scope seems very well made. adjustments are crisp and feel just right. I haven't compared it to my Zeiss conquest yet, but when I get it mounted I will give my thoughts on the two.

cardinal

I just got one of the 8-32 Siii. Not had it to the range yet, looking through it looks to compare well with the better names I have looked through.
    The objective adjustment is very stiff. I emailed them and they assured me it would loosen up with use. Has anyone else had this problem and did it loosen up with use?

Michael C

I went and got a 6-24x50 LRMOA. Mounted it and shot it yesterday. Awsome. Tracked well, and the glass is very good. It's the most expensive scope I own, so I cant compare it to anything else in it's price range. I am very happy with it so far and like the dot in the middle of the tree on the reticle.

tsingleton

I finally gave in a couple weeks ago and got the 8x32x56 Siii on line for 699
    Ive been shooting for years and have never owned a scope that cost as much as my rifle.
    I just didnt think there could be that much difference from a $300 to a $700 or $800 scope

But I have to say Ive been missing out all these years. It has far exceeded my expectations
    I have it mounted on a model 10 savage action I put together with a 260 rem. shilen barrel a choate varmint stock and a sav-2 rifle basix trigger. $ 950 in the rifle and $700 in the scope and its a perfect fit

Sightron Siii is well worth the $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by tsingleton
    I finally gave in a couple weeks ago and got the 8x32x56 Siii on line for 699
    Everywhere I look this scope is in the $800-$900 range. Where did you find it for $700?

That1guy

I found them here, but you have to add the scope to your cart before it shows a price.

http://www.bigsupplyshop.com/Sightro...RD_p_9652.html

I actually was about to order from them, then found a 10% off coupon for optics planet, came out a little cheaper there after the discount. Since shipping was a little less from OP.

I researched big supply shop online, and they got good reviews, and have great reviews on resellerratings.com

Next week is going to be like Christmas. . 12 LRP in 6.5Creedmoor, Sightron scope, EGW Base, Seekins Rings... Cant wait!

tsingleton

Thats where I got mine Big Supply shop

http://www.bigsupplyshop.com/Sightro...D_p_13521.html

syclone01

where did you find the 10% coupon for optics planet?

That1guy

It was an 11% coupon posted on Snipers Hide, it expired on the 18th.

Thanks for the links guys. That place has some amazing prices. The fixed power sightrons was a full $100 cheaper then every other site I've looked at. I checked out some other things there.. 155 30cal amax bullets are a full $7 cheaper..

It's almost too good to be true. How are they able to undercut the competition by so much?

That1guy

They do charge some sort of "Full Insurance and Dealer Handling" charge (and normal shipping) so they make some up there.

Basic Member

I have 2 of the 8-32x56 SIII scopes one on my F Class 6BR and one on an LRPV in 204. I dont think you can find a better scope for the money. I have been pleased with mine and will by another for my 20BR build. You wont be disappointed. The one on my 204 has the Fine crosshairs, I wish I had gotten the target dot like I have on the F Class, it works great for the prairie dog extermination safari's.

hank440

Yeah I just check Big Supply Shop what's up with the "full insurance and dealer handling" charge and the way over priced UPS ground shipping for 1 17ounce scope and a 3 oz set of rings the shippin/handling/insurance is over $25.00 WTF

Basic Member

how big is the target dot on a f-class 300yrd target i shoot fine cross hairs now but was thinking about getting one witha dot

Basic Member

MichaelC,

I really would like the MOA recticle but what has been holding me back is the line size and the dot or circle in the middle I want a multi purpose scope, do you have access to 200 yards if so I am wondering if at 200 how much of a 1 inch circle can you see , does the dot or lines take up a large area is what im getting at I would like to use it for Varmit For Score and for other use with MOA or if you only have a hundred yards what does it do with a half inch circle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast